Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's all a big GAMBLE.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am convinced the club is thinking 12 to 24 months ahead with all it's recent transfer activity..

They are investing in the future,this season will be all about mid table security and then capitalising on FFP and the inevitable sanctions that clubs are hit with,we could be in a very strong position to take advantage at a later stage..

It's a fascinating scenario..

Remember what Mr Bloom is..

Trust him? I would..oh and enjoy the ride..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sorry [MENTION=19107]wakeytom[/MENTION],it's saturday night,i have had a beer and am watching mad max 2 and well,this is not a look at me thread,for i could do better,could this please be merged with the FFP wakeytom thread please-thanks..

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sorry [MENTION=19107]wakeytom[/MENTION],it's saturday night,i have had a beer and am watching mad max 2 and well,this is not a look at me thread,for i could do better,could this please be merged with the FFP wakeytom thread please-thanks..
Takes a big man to apologize. Respect fella

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am convinced the club is thinking 12 to 24 months ahead with all it's recent transfer activity..

They are investing in the future,this season will be all about mid table security and then capitalising on FFP and the inevitable sanctions that clubs are hit with,we could be in a very strong position to take advantage at a later stage..

It's a fascinating scenario..

Remember what Mr Bloom is..

Trust him? I would..oh and enjoy the ride..

I am 100% sure that this is the plan, but it would be good if was open about it and explain the scenarios.

We have still got until September to strengthen the team, but if we end up being no better than the worst then relegation is a possibility. Attendance is a massive factor to include in the FFP margins and there could be a bigger price to pay in the long term as well if we get it wrong.

We may even get some great deals in the loan market to change the game but we will have to see if the plan works. I'm sure we will know better where we really are come November.

It is big gamble and it is fascinating.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am 100% sure that this is the plan, but it would be good if was open about it and explain the scenarios.

We have still got until September to strengthen the team, but if we end up being no better than the worst then relegation is a possibility. Attendance is a massive factor to include in the FFP margins and there could be a bigger price to pay in the long term as well if we get it wrong.

We may even get some great deals in the loan market to change the game but we will have to see if the plan works. I'm sure we will know better where we really are come November.

It is big gamble and it is fascinating.

Yes November is the first results and i think it will show us in a strong position,the club know FFP inside out and i think it is here to stay myself.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I meant November for our league position, FFP results are in December I think? I could be wrong.
In time for the January transfer window anyway.

Oh really no worries,i mean we have 2 weeks to salvage our side,October is a barometer for seasonal position for me personally and witches come out with cats and so forth,November is when the FFP results come in although we may not perhaps see them until December,so we shall just enjoy the fireworks and heat up marshmellows on the bonfire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here