Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genuine Question

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Why have we imploded since the away leg at Palace? We were on form, played well and confident of finally putting one over our arch rivals and then it all went wrong...Palace turned us over, the Gus saga, Oscar late in and unprepared, dull football, poor January window, Oscar wanting out, pathetic play off showing (lucky to even get there) and now nobody wants to even join the club.

Seriously since that away leg at Palace we have gone from being full of confidence to a total joke. New grounds are great, training facilities a real bonus but the football has been shit and now are signing people like O'Grady to replace Ulloa to partner op with Fenlon as our attacking duo.

Yes Bloom has done a great job moving us into the Amex but why have they let us throw that crest of a wave away and don't seem to want to give the fans much to cheer about. Oh yes FFP, thats wahy all other teams done sign anyone and score no goals.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I enjoyed watching the implosions in the playoffs last year...

Fans of 20 other teams didn't.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Really? I didn't it was embarrassing and we really shouldn't have been there the way we played all season. I loved Forest away but can't say many other games were exactly thrilling.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that was TB s..t or bust promotion to the Prem and Gus blew it. TB is now having to regroup for another try next season for automatic. Last year was an unexpected bonus reaching the play offs.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The double promotion in 2000-2003 is the second-worst thing that has happened to the club in my lifetime, second to the near-death experience in '97, because it engendered such a god-awful sense of entitlement...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Simple: The lord Gus giveth, the lord Gus taketh away.

As soon as Gus went the team he built ultimately went with him. I love and hate him in equal measure for what he did at Brighton. I've no doubt we would've been promoted last season if he stayed, even with the budget we had despite what he said about ceilings. Both transfer windows would've been decent and we already had the team to compete, it only needed tweaking.

The problem is that he's a good manager but completely mental, for whatever reason he decided that he didn't want us to play with his ball anymore and promptly f**ked off with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here