Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
sami-l229-1833815_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia at St Andrews
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
19:50 16th August 2014
by James Hilsum
I didn't like what I saw, but I know that we are a much better side than we showed today"
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia felt his side didn't deserve anything from today's 1-0 defeat at Birmingham City.The Seagulls boss felt Albion were slow off the mark and didn't get their usual passing game flowing, before they were hit by Wes Thomas's second-half goal.
He said, "There were not a lot of positives to take out of the game. I didn't like what I saw, but I know that we are a much better side than we showed today.
"I'm disappointed with our performance on the ball. I don’t know whether it was nervousness, but we couldn't get our game going throughout the 90 minutes.
"It's important that you start well and we didn't do that. They put us under a bit of pressure, but it wasn't so much that we couldn't play.
"Maybe one thing we could take from the game was that we defended okay and were prepared to fight with them, it's important that we keep that going - but we need to match our opponents in this area and then use our quality on the ball to create chances and score goals."

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Hyypia handed a debut to Joao Teixeira, who came off the bench to play the last half hour of the game, and was impressed by the on-loan Liverpool man."Joao is a very good player and good on the ball so I'm sure that he will help our team a lot with his skills and quality.
"It’s a big shame we couldn't get him in training yesterday. He came last night to the hotel after he trained yesterday with Liverpool, so he had to come on the pitch with different players.
"It must be a strange feeling for him, but it’s a very good group and he will fit in well. He can show us more than what he showed today. but we need to be patient with him and try to help him fit in the group
"He’s an intelligent player as well that’s good for him, he’s very young, but he has a good mentality to training. He comes to the training pitch to improve every day and I think he will do."
Hyypia explained that Solly March missed the game due to the back injury which ruled him out on Tuesday night, but also added he hopes that the midfielder may be able to join Albion at their Midlands training base before Tuesday night's trip to Leeds United.
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V bolton
[/h]saturday 23rd AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V charlton
[/h]SATURDAY 30th AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v blackpool
[/h]SATURDAY 20TH september, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here