Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicksen?

richboy1

Aug 14, 2012
Couldn't make the game, working. Listened on the radio and I thought it sounded as though Chicksen had a reasonable game? I thought he played ok Tuesday too? I said when Ward left he could be more than a adequate replacement given a few games. For what it's worth I'm glad he didn't resign. If we do spend another penny in this window, I'd sooner they spent extra on a striker. Also, sounded like Teixeira played well too? It was a bit of a dissapiontment to read so many negative posts after he signed yesterday.

Last edited:

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
I wouldn't mind giving him, his chance. If we bring in a 'first choice' left-back maybe he should go out on-loan, I feel he needs game time to develop.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Looked nervous and poor in places, making silly mistakes that will lead to goals against better sides. Also had some nice touches and does look to pass rather than lump the ball forward like some. Didn't contribute enough when forward, especially towards the end of the game when he kept having space out wide but either passed the ball inside or failed to deliver a quality cross which is what we need if we are going to go the wing-back route.

In summary, a decent prospect and should get games this year but should not be first choice IMO

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Awful need a left back urgently .... Got done big time for the goal and couldn't go forward effectively to save his life

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
First half ok, second half poor. Some of the trouble is that the system we play is so narrow, that even the smallest of shortcomings in or FBs is exposed.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought Chicksen played well. Could do with a bit more confidence, there was one occasion where he found himself in the perfect shooting position and didn't shoot, nor did he get a decent pass away. Made a decent last ditch clearance in the first half, probably saving a goal. Wasn't really tested defensively today.

The loanee from Liverpool looked very good. Was nudged of the ball with his first touch and I was worried he was a bit lightweight, but he seems to have a great creative footballing brain. Problem was O'Grady in particular wasn't on the same wavelength. Perhaps it will come with a few days on the training ground.

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
With no fee to pay, surely we could afford his wages. Especially with that £10 million or so we've got knocking around from the sale of Bridcutt, Barnes, Ulloa, Buckley...
However, I really wouldn't mind Chicksen being first choice this season, as long as the club tell us that, it is their intention 'to give youth a chance'/develop the class of 2014.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Chicksen was woeful and looked massively out of his depth. He needs a season away playing in League 1/2 to try and better him.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Mixed bag as the mixed responses above indciate. Made one great clearance off a brum player right in front of goal. Not bad coming forward but defensively naive at times. Capital one & FA Cup beckon,with odd game covering LB on suspension/injury but not the real deal. Would be worried if he is only LB on 1 Sept

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Harsh to single out a young player with very few first team games at this level when the more experienced players around him were so inept. I thought he was better than most and kept showing for the ball when things weren't going well. He could have hidden, I think he is potentially a good player. Probably not ready for the Championship yet but he will be an asset in the future IMO. Needs to go out on loan when we get a new LB in, which I am sure we will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here