Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who thinks Mr Bloom has got it right this season?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not forgetting Judith, in Customer Relations, who has to iron player's names onto the back of shirts. She's pretty chuffed too.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I personally think he has financially! On the pitch its a disaster! :moo:

Whilst I still think (hope) we get two or three in that will make the squad competitive, I think that Tony has been disrespectful to the fans that shell out good money for their season tickets. How many kids have had Ulloa and Buckley on their new shirts, paid for by their parents. Now I know players move on in a season but we have hardly kicked a ball.The kids must be gutted and the parents pretty pissed as well. Trying to tell the fans that we will only bring in players if they are better than what we have got has now become laughable. How you can compare O'grady to last years squad I don't know and having players like McCourt on trial doesn't fill you with confidence either. Seeing other teams around you like Millwall and Brentford signing decent players is a kick in the teeth too. I still hope that we can get some quality in before the window shuts, but to be honest I don't think anyone is confident this will happen.
IF nothing happens it would be time for Tony to come clean and tell us why we are failing, before he completely loses the fan base.
Having said that I don't think we are too far away from a decent squad. We lost 1-0 nil against Wednesday to one shot and a sending off and today we lost 1-0 to a goal just after we should have had a penalty and, according to BBC Sport, had 13 shots at goal to Birminghams 8 away from home. The next two weeks are a crucial time for all concerned.:albion2:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He will either get it fantastically right, or horrendously wrong. Either way he will be congratulated or blamed because he has made it clear of his strategy and our destiny is in his hands.

I would like to know what he would class as failure though, relegation? And is this a risk he is willing to take?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
So long as Mr. Bloom thinks Mr. Bloom has got it right, does it really make a difference?

I'm sure he's got a spreadsheet with potential attendance revenue gains and losses, versus the wage bill, versus expenses.
There might be a number of points where everything is in equilibrium....

He's a businessman. It's a maximim problem, and we don't own the team.

This is the future of sports management for everbody, except maybe 15 clubs worldwide.

It's not as if Moneyball had never been published, never mind turned into a film....

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Has he made mistakes. Yup sure, its virtually impossible not to.

Are we better of with Bloom than 90% of other Owners? Damn right we are

If you cannot give the man who funded our £100m stadium and World Class training facilities a bit of leeway then I think you've got a pretty shallow mind-set.

Sure things look bleak on the pitch right now and Promotion looks to be completely out of reach at this point, but Bloom is in this for the long-term and I'll support him and the people he hires through bad decisions and good.

Up the Albion

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He said judge him by end of the transfer window and he'll be held to that

He also said he was confident of having a very competitive squad at the start of the season and that didn't happen, As much as he's getting it right off the pitch with the infrastructure etc the on pitch dealings have been a complete shambles. Now whether that's down to Tony Bloom directly or someone he employs to do the job I don't know but where ever the fault lies somebody needs a size 10 at high speed right up the rear end.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He also said he was confident of having a very competitive squad at the start of the season and that didn't happen, As much as he's getting it right off the pitch with the infrastructure etc the on pitch dealings have been a complete shambles. Now whether that's down to Tony Bloom directly or someone he employs to do the job I don't know but where ever the fault lies somebody needs a size 10 at high speed right up the rear end.

It's Bloom, everyone reports to him remember.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
"This season"??

Why are you judging after THREE BLOODY GAMES? It's completely pointless. It's like writing a progress report on a play after 30 seconds, then you complain about inapt acting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here