Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ONLY for posters who have been watching BHA for 40+ years...

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
We've been in a state of flux in all that time, and before...

We've been to the depths, nearly exiting the league in '97, seen some amazing seasons, '71/'72, '82/'83, '77/'78,'78/'79, '00/'01, '01/'02, '03/'04 to name a few...

As veterans, we KNOW that BHA are a proper yo-yo club, and if you take everything into consideration, it looks as if we are in a bit of a down cycle...

No-one knows what tomorrow brings, but it is never ANYTHING other than a roller-coaster ride following the super stripes...

Up the Albion!!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
All true.

But I had hoped we were on the verge of our return to the promised land. That is the downside of having started supporting in the mid 70's, it was all up for the next 10 years, unfortunately I was too young to properly appreciate it then.

I want it again! :tantrum:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

We've been to the depths, nearly exiting the league in '97, seen some amazing seasons, '71/'72, '82/'83, '77/'78,'78/'79, '00/'01, '01/'02, '03/'04 to name a few...

As veterans, we KNOW that BHA are a proper yo-yo club, and if you take everything into consideration, it looks as if we are in a bit of a down cycle...

No-one knows what tomorrow brings, but it is never ANYTHING other than a roller-coaster ride following the super stripes...

Up the Albion!!!

quite right. This time last season we had lost our first three matches. we may have an average season or flirt with relegation but one thing is certain with the Albion it is rarely boring.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

Up the Albion!!!

With respect; Down cycle my ar$e.
We finished sixth last season - after almost starting the season without a manager.
This season is but two games old; there's still a couple of weeks before the transfer window shuts.

Hardly a down cycle - more of a little blip.

It IS always exciting to follow the Albion, though!

East Terrace

Jul 14, 2003
Hove
The difference is previously there was something to hang on to, either we were playing some local lads you could identify with, or there was a cause for which to fight, or you felt the management had our best interests at heart.
Now we have a perfect storm
- poor players
- few local players just a load of third rate foreigners
- selling our only players likely to score (Ulloa and Barnes)
- bringing in players who lack promotion quality
- the club screwing us for every penny thanks to Barber-lotti (they pay £1 for a pie and charge us £4+
- poor administration
etc

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
With respect; Down cycle my ar$e.
We finished sixth last season - after almost starting the season without a manager.
This season is but two games old; there's still a couple of weeks before the transfer window shuts.

Hardly a down cycle - more of a little blip.

With respect, Oscar was appointed 5 weeks before the season kicked, our squad was fairly lacklustre last season despite the 6th place finish. That squad has since been completely dismantled and what we are left with is remarkably weak first Xl and a transfer policy which seems to be failing.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I'm one of them old farts-still think those upstairs have taken their eye off the ball:moo:

I have to agree. I've had nearly sixty years on the Albion roller coaster but rarely have I sensed (or indeed, felt it myself) such apathy at the start of a season. How many more times will we be told to wait until the end of the transfer window for the miracle (transfers) to happen? The fact that we will be five games into the season and probably out of the League Cup apparently doesn't matter. Anyway, time to change my incontinency pad!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'm one of them old farts-still think those upstairs have taken their eye off the ball.

They're looking at a different ball.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I'm one of them old farts-still think those upstairs have taken their eye off the ball:moo:

I agree mate. Us mere fans just want a bit of something to look forward to on the pitch.
Even at my advanced age I'd happily give up my padded seat and stand in the rain to see the likes of Vicente again.
Perhaps the club could offer a season ticket that starts in September when we allegedly have a competitive squad in place.
August seems to be a washout most seasons as we all wait to hear something at the end of the transfer window.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I think I just scraped into the OP's group, and he is quite right it has been grim many times in the past. But has also from time to time been better.

However I'm very happy that the years we all have in front of us will be very good.

But not necessarily this one.

TB

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been a supporter for 60+ years and the despondancy this season is due to the expectations generated by TB and co. One thing that is certain we will never sink as low as under George Curtis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here