Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nzuzi Toko

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Exactly, he is either fit or not. If not why is he on the bench, if he is why didn't he get longer in mid week.

Dec 29, 2011
He's looked class from what I saw of him in pre-season.

Only 23 and played in Europa League and for the 2nd placed team in the Swiss premier division. He will have quality based on his history and a bright future. I was excited when he signed, lets hope he starts playing some games soon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any reason why he is not getting game time? He cannot be injured as he is on the bench? Is he actually any good or is it all hype? If he can't get in this poor team I have to ask why.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Any reason why he is not getting game time? He cannot be injured as he is on the bench? Is he actually any good or is it all hype? If he can't get in this poor team I have to ask why.

He will be an interesting one to watch, as he must be a purely David Burke signing as we had no manager when signing him.

Dec 29, 2011
He will be an interesting one to watch, as he must be a purely David Burke signing as we had no manager when signing him.

If it is a Burke signing, it's encouraging IMO. (At the risk of repeating myself) He has quality and lots of potential to be a top player in the future. He was also a free transfer so not much risk associated with his purchase, and plenty of scope to make a tidy profit when he matures at 27/28. Finally, he comes from a fairly obscure league - if we have scouts in that part of the world our scouting system can't be as bad as I'm starting to believe.

[Alternatively, Toko's agent made every club aware of his free agent status, Burke watched a few youtube videos and decided he was worth a punt].

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
And where does today's signing leave him?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Would expect SH to give him a fair crack of the whip. No different to any one else who was here when he joined. (Granted there aren't many of those left...)

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
From what I saw in pre-season, Toko will win our "yellow cards per minutes on the pitch" this season by some considerable margin.

Maybe they are still trying to teach what is and what is not acceptable in the English leagues??!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
From what I saw in pre-season, Toko will win our "yellow cards per minutes on the pitch" this season by some considerable margin.

Maybe they are still trying to teach what is and what is not acceptable in the English leagues??!!

This. Also, just because he's on the bench doesn't mean he is match fit. Unfortunate he picked up a knock.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This was in the Argus today.

Holla brings much-needed experience to Hyypia's midfield options. His arrival could, depending how he is used, have implications for Toko - signed before Hyypia was appointed - Ince and for the future at the club of fellow Dutchman Agustien.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This was in the Argus today.

Holla brings much-needed experience to Hyypia's midfield options. His arrival could, depending how he is used, have implications for Toko - signed before Hyypia was appointed - Ince and for the future at the club of fellow Dutchman Agustien.

Great point made by the Argus, there. So can we now expect the same comment on stories about Lewis Dunk - signed before Hyypia was appointed - Gordon Greer - signed before Hyypia was appointed - Bruno - signed before Hyypia was appointed - Calderon - signed before Hyypia was appointed - CMS - signed before Hyypia was appointed - Crofts - signed before Hyypia was appointed - ...........

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Great point made by the Argus, there. So can we now expect the same comment on stories about Lewis Dunk - signed before Hyypia was appointed - Gordon Greer - signed before Hyypia was appointed - Bruno - signed before Hyypia was appointed - Calderon - signed before Hyypia was appointed - CMS - signed before Hyypia was appointed - Crofts - signed before Hyypia was appointed - ...........

To be fair, all the players you mention have played recently. I didn't see all the friendlies so I haven't seen Toko play. SH hasn't brought him on once since the season started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here