Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 players to sign

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Assuming you could sign 3 players to improve us thst would be realistic obviously not Messi etc but ignoring FFP which we know TB and PB wont.

My 3 would be Elliott Bennett, Glen Murrray and Jon Arne Riise or Assou Ekotto

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Assou Ekotto?? He's more of a liability than Oscar Pistorius at a shooting range

But hilarious with it if you'v ever seen his interviews. I'd pay the season ticket for his opinions alone and he's half decent too.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I may be wrong but haven't the prem clubs only just finalised their squads which should free up some quality for those looking for the late pickings

My problem with this would be we have sold Championship players to Prem clubs, and would be signing former Prem players into our Championship club...

It just doesn't add up in maths parlance ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have 2 weeks to BUY players so I would break the bank that we have. built up with sales and bring back Murray and Bennett. What other choce of players is there?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
My problem with this would be we have sold Championship players to Prem clubs, and would be signing former Prem players into our Championship club...

It just doesn't add up in maths parlance ???
Fair enough but a Big 4 reject may well be about the same or better than players we sold to lesser prem clubs. Even the loan potential has to be a great opportunity. Who is to say that Lingard won't be loaned back to us if Utd bring in someone. He could well end up being the wing back we are looking for as Van Gal seems to think he can do a job there

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Revamped an early season thread and revised my list it now reads Murray, Obudajo (Brentford right back) Mings (Ipswich left back) sadly not much chance of any but the interesting thing is they have all come from lower league or non league to prominence.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Revamped an early season thread and revised my list it now reads Murray, Obudajo (Brentford right back) Mings (Ipswich left back) sadly not much chance of any but the interesting thing is they have all come from lower league or non league to prominence.

Please can you drop Murray from your list as that does not fall under your 'realistic' condition. Under Pardew, he is now a 1st team player for a Premier League club, why on earth would he drop to the bottom of the championship? Let me know who you'd like to replace him with. Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here