Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I signed up to season ticket on direct debit

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If you cancel the direct debit with you bank then the club are likely to take legal action to recover the money, or sell the debt to a collection agency who will try to recover it from you. I'd also think they'd put you on a black list so getting tickets in your own name anytime soon would be difficult. You can cancel the agreement with the club if you pay £50 but then depending on when you signed up you'll be losing not only an additional £50 but whatever money you've paid so far.

It's also worth bearing in mind that the club could register the debt on your credit reference history (not sure if when signing up for the direct debit you are also signing a credit agreement) which could affect your ability to get loans/credit in the future.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Surely you have already paid 6 months now. Would make the Sheffield Wednesday game very expensive as I can't see your smarter working after first missing payment. I think you would also face an admin charge around £20.

Yeh, I just wanted to know if I wanted to cancel at the end of the season what penalties there are. It's £50 if you cancel between March and August.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
If you cancel the direct debit with you bank then the club are likely to take legal action to recover the money, or sell the debt to a collection agency who will try to recover it from you. I'd also think they'd put you on a black list so getting tickets in your own name anytime soon would be difficult. You can cancel the agreement with the club if you pay £50 but then depending on when you signed up you'll be losing not only an additional £50 but whatever money you've paid so far.

It's also worth bearing in mind that the club could register the debt on your credit reference history (not sure if when signing up for the direct debit you are also signing a credit agreement) which could affect your ability to get loans/credit in the future.

That's they key point. It's only if you are signing a credit agreement that the club can either make the contract enforceable or register cancelling the DD has an outstanding debt. I don't know if the interest free season ticket is a credit agreement?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
To support my local team, of course.

I am thinking of moving to London in the next few months and wanted to know my options if I could cancel early or wait till the end of the season.

East Terrace

Jul 14, 2003
Hove
If it is a credit agreement then you have to sign a formal credit agreement - I certainly didn't
The season ticket terms and conditions page on their website doesn't work so that is likely to render it unenforceable anyway - again, I wasn't sent any
Surely the reasonable thing to do would be to charge the full ticket price for games until what you have paid is used up
How could it be an outstanding debt when you have paid more money than the services received would cost - they could hardly claim to have suffered a loss?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here