Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grant Hall for Birmingham today

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From the Birmingham Mail

Grant Hall may have extra motivation when Birmingham City take on Brighton & Hove Albion.
The centre-half, then 20, rejected a new contract at the Seagulls in order to move to Spurs in 2012.

Then Brighton manager Gus Poyet hit out at Hall, claiming he had misled the club about the reasons why he didn’t pen the three-year deal.
Poyet communicated that Hall feared a lack of first team opportunity, but then signed for a club where it was going to be even tougher to break into the side.
Poyet, of course, left Brighton under a cloud of his own, so there might not be as much feeling as there could have been.

“Possibly he will be extra motivated,” said Lee Clark. “But young Grant has got a lot of motivation anyway.
“I like him. I like what he is about.“He is eager to learn.“Since the day I met him and had a chat about coming here he has really impressed me.
Birmingham City's Grant Hall during his time at LewesGrant Hall started his senior career at Lewes before signing for Brighton in 2009
“I think Grant just goes out every game trying to do his best and Saturday will be no different.”
Hall joined Blues on a season long loan from Spurs this summer.

“I thought Grant was really good at Middlesbrough. He did lots of good things on Tuesday night.
“He is a player who wants to learn and get better. If you have got those types of attributes you have got a right good chance. Especially if you have got the ability Grant has.
“But he knows he is not the finished article and needs to get better.”
Hall made two substitute appearances and one start for Brighton.
Having initially been released by Brighton as a youth, he rejoined the club after impressing when on trial from Lewes.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Joining Andrea in the "Albion old boys" contingent at Blackpool.. Be back in
League 1 next season as his level I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here