Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Storage space needed desperately!

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Dear all,

Does anyone either have a garage to rent for some house hold items. Mattresses, table and general bits and bobs?

Obviously will pay....

If not, does anyone have knowledge of cheap storage places.

Cheers in advance.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
If Lancing isn't too far. These people are the cheapest I found, helpful and good service. I have been using them for a year and no problem.

http://www.curtisstorage.co.uk/

All the prices and sizes are on the site.

Hope this helps

i looked at these guys as I am also looking for storage - do you pay for insurance for your stored items? if so from where? thanks

jon12345

Jul 22, 2014
i looked at these guys as I am also looking for storage - do you pay for insurance for your stored items? if so from where? thanks

I thought about it and was going to use these people:

http://www.insurastore.com/self-storage-insurance-home.htm

But after I put my stuff in storage and saw the security I decided not to bother. The security is pretty good and a thief would have to try pretty hard to get in to a unit to possibly just find old clothes etc. Also there are so many identical units with a thief not knowing what's in each one. The chance of yours being broken into would be slim.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

But after I put my stuff in storage and saw the security I decided not to bother. The security is pretty good and a thief would have to try pretty hard to get in to a unit to possibly just find old clothes etc. Also there are so many identical units with a thief not knowing what's in each one. The chance of yours being broken into would be slim.

more concerned about fire to be honest

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

thanks anyway - useful

jon12345

Jul 22, 2014
more concerned about fire to be honest

Good point, it's not something that really crossed my mind. I'm not sure if it's included but they must know of someone who provides it if not.

Out of all the storage companies I tried they are have been the most helpful.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Good point, it's not something that really crossed my mind. I'm not sure if it's included but they must know of someone who provides it if not.

Out of all the storage companies I tried they are have been the most helpful.

insurastore do cover fire - which i suspect is really the greatest risk rather than theft

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
My mum and dad are moving out to downsize and i have aquired a lot of stuff over the years and now need somewhere to store it all. Does anyone recommend any of the big storage companies?
any help would be much appreciated.
i have furniture and boxes of which i have packed up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My mum and dad are moving out to downsize and i have aquired a lot of stuff over the years and now need somewhere to store it all. Does anyone recommend any of the big storage companies?
any help would be much appreciated.
i have furniture and boxes of which i have packed up.

I have my entire house stored in crates by Pickfords. In general I found fully insured storage isn't cheap but these guys offered a very good service at a price, when compared to others, I felt is reasonable.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I have my entire house stored in crates by Pickfords. In general I found fully insured storage isn't cheap but these guys offered a very good service at a price, when compared to others, I felt is reasonable.

i have just gone on the website and unfortunately they do not have any self store places down in Brighton area (i should of stated my location)
it looks like it is going to be like £15 per week then after 8 weeks goes up in price as you get 50% discount.
Thank you for your help
:thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here