Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we don't sign another player....

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
... I would be confident that we would be mid table and three more youngsters would break through into the first team. No, we might not push for promotion but we would have another enjoyable season, a roller coaster with lots of ups and downs. I bet some of it would be frustrating but I would love it because, I love supporting Brighton & Hove Albion. Some people need to get a life because from some of these posts on NSC, the Samaritans could be getting very busy.

Stay positive, the glass is at least half full and it's Harvey's!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
We will get relegated if we don't sign another player.
Or 4th /5th from bottom at best.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Hmmm - I think we looked a bottom 6 team against Wendy, as did they. Stephens and a change of tactics (width provided by at least one winger, plus CMS or March or even Joao for Fenelon) should improve that. But still feels like a bottom half squad to me given the relative strength of other squads. Add a couple and who knows how close they could go to the play offs. Margins in this league are ridiculously fine.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I just want to be entertained , anything else after that is a bonus

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I'm sorry chaps but I don't look on in blind ridiculous loyalty, I'm just being realistic.
We have the weakest squad since moving into the Amex.
A few players are League 1 at best.
People get insulting on here if you don't agree with their blind loyalty because they just don't want to hear
the truth because it hurts them.
It hurts me too but I'm still there every home match and as many away as I can cheering them on and have been
since I was 6 years old.
I went on the marches I even chased Bellotti through Crowborough with a group of mates once.
Just glad we never got hold of him I would still be inside now 😬
I've been a football manager myself done quite well wherever I've been
so I do know about footballers and football.
Not a boast just a fact.
Yes I will be screaming my lungs out next week couldn't today as working this am
Let's hope it's 3 points against a shite Brum side.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
... I would be confident that we would be mid table and three more youngsters would break through into the first team. No, we might not push for promotion but we would have another enjoyable season, a roller coaster with lots of ups and downs. I bet some of it would be frustrating but I would love it because, I love supporting Brighton & Hove Albion. Some people need to get a life because from some of these posts on NSC, the Samaritans could be getting very busy.

Stay positive, the glass is at least half full and it's Harvey's!

This squad is very weak though, that's why people are worrying, not because they want to but because this team provides very little evidence of quality or depth.

And, I don't like Harvey's :thumbsup:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm sorry chaps but I don't look on in blind ridiculous loyalty, I'm just being realistic.
People get insulting on here if you don't agree with their blind loyalty because they just don't want to hear
It hurts me too but I'm still there every home match and as many away as I can cheering them on and have been
since I was 6 years old.
I went on the marches I even chased Bellotti through Crowborough with a group of mates once.
Not a boast just a fact.
Yes I will be screaming my lungs out next week couldn't today as working this am

Just because people don't completely agree with you doesn't mean it's "blind loyalty". I happen to think we will probably have a reasonable squad by the end of the window - probably not as many incoming as some would like - but enough. It would have been nice to get things sorted before the season started, but that's not the way things are happening so much these days. There's a hell of lot of business to happen over the next 2 weeks.

If we don't have at least some of what has been promised then questions can reasonably be asked. I personally suspect there will be at least one surprise signing that wr'll be quite pleased with, plus a couple of other reasonable incomings. I'm happy to wait for now, but it would be nice to get some points in the meantime.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
since I was 6 years old.
Not a boast just a fact.

Which players are League 1 at best?

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Just because people don't completely agree with you doesn't mean it's "blind loyalty". I happen to think we will probably have a reasonable squad by the end of the window - probably not as many incoming as some would like - but enough. It would have been nice to get things sorted before the season started, but that's not the way things are happening so much these days. There's a hell of lot of business to happen over the next 2 weeks.

If we don't have at least some of what has been promised then questions can reasonably be asked. I personally suspect there will be at least one surprise signing that wr'll be quite pleased with, plus a couple of other reasonable incomings. I'm happy to wait for now, but it would be nice to get some points in the meantime.

At last someone talking sense I totally agree mare these are my options that is all and I will stick by them.
But yes you are right.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Which players are League 1 at best?

Not gonna name players on here that would be totally unfair,
but if you can't work it out then hmmm !!!!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not gonna name players on here that would be totally unfair,
but if you can't work it out then hmmm !!!!

Of the regular first teamers it's hard to say anyone's League 1 at best.

Most of them were part of a side that finished in the play-offs last year. That leaves us with the new guys.

Stockdale- Proven at the top level.
Hughes - Proven at the top level.
Toko - Played for a team that qualified for Champions League.
O'Grady - I was one of the few who thought he looked very average against Wednesday. But anyway, 16 goals last year for a relegated side. Can clearly do a job at this level.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
since I was 6 years old.
Not a boast just a fact.

It's comments like that which let you down. "League 1 at best", what does it even mean?
If you've managed then you should understand why it's so stupid, a team is more than the sum of it's parts. It's exactly the same as the people who keep saying O'Grady and McCourt are no good because they played for a team that got relegated, that is also ridiculously stupid. Players are given a job to do, how the team plays can make the same player playing the same way appear to be amazing or crap - CMS being the perfect example.

In reply to the OP, I think we have a mid-table starting 11. A midfield containing Crofts and Stephens is pretty strong at this level. Over a whole season with injuries and suspensions we'd be in big trouble.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Whatever happens come Monday the club have got 2 weeks to show us their ambition for the season, anything less than 3 quality players signed on permanent contracts will show a distinct lack of ambition and the club will not only be letting themselves down but the fans, Sami Hyypia and the rest of the squad as well.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here