Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom.......

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
Anyone else think the guy is a legend??

I'm frustrated about signings too but I love the way he is building our club. We don't want overnight success we want a bright future.

I thank you kind sir for saving our club!!

Keep faith people!!!!

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
The fella has saved this club from a long and withering death at Withdean.

Anyone slagging the fella off is a complete and utter f***wit.

TB

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The fella has saved this club from a long and withering death at Withdean.

I think some of the animus directed at Bloom is caused by the fact that his financial intervention -- or something on a similar scale from someone else, and in that case, probably a stranger -- was necessary to prevent a lingering death at Withdean.

No amount of hat-passing, or lottery-ticket selling, or brilliant improvisation, no matter how fan-centered, was going to bring to pass what has come to pass.
Nobody likes having it pointed out to them that they're essentially powerless.

Who likes feeling powerless and dependent?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anyone else think the guy is a legend??

I'm frustrated about signings too but I love the way he is building our club. We don't want overnight success we want a bright future.

I thank you kind sir for saving our club!!

Keep faith people!!!!

I would just contradict you slightly in that I would prefer overnight success, with the caveat that it doesn't sink the club. However, if it doesn't happen overnight, unlike a lot on this board, I'm prepared to wait until success does eventually come along.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
No doubt he has done a lot for this club and is a good bloke, brilliant stadium , brilliant NO 1 training facilities, but so have Dick Knight, Martin Perry etc etc and the fans who marched and protested for years !!
There are too many people living in the past, we need to move onwards and upwards and that means, believe it or not, spending larger amounts of money on quality players to get us into the Premier League, not stupid daft amounts with over inflated wages I may add.
What would be wrong in spending £15million on a left back, another centerback, and two quality strikers ?? Nothing and paying them £15-25,000 a week ??
Assombalonga when begging for £4million ****ing £4million why didn't WE buy him ?
My mate works at Forest and has done for years, and has said he is on around about £16,000 a week plus bonuses.
About rightish for the Championship, when you know the lowest paid in the Prem are probably on at least double if not a lot more.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No doubt he has done a lot for this club and is a good bloke, brilliant stadium , brilliant NO 1 training facilities, but so have Dick Knight, Martin Perry etc etc and the fans who marched and protested for years !!
There are too many people living in the past, we need to move onwards and upwards and that means, believe it or not, spending larger amounts of money on quality players to get us into the Premier League, not stupid daft amounts with over inflated wages I may add.
What would be wrong in spending £15million on a left back, another centerback, and two quality strikers ?? Nothing and paying them £15-25,000 a week ??
Assombalonga when begging for £4million ****ing £4million why didn't WE buy him ?
My mate works at Forest and has done for years, and has said he is on around about £16,000 a week plus bonuses.
About rightish for the Championship, when you know the lowest paid in the Prem are probably on at least double if not a lot more.
I'm surprised you think those wages are okay and not over inflated. I think they are disgracefully high and the sooner football sorts itself out the better. Those kind of ridiculous wages are part of the reason many football clubs have got into serious trouble.

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011

I'm pleased our football club isn't in your hands!!!!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yup. Couldn't believe the guy who texted radio Sussex "if he hasn't got any money hey should sell the club" :facepalm:

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I'm surprised you think those wages are okay and not over inflated. I think they are disgracefully high and the sooner football sorts itself out the better. Those kind of ridiculous wages are part of the reason many football clubs have got into serious trouble.

Ahh no, you miss interpret what Im saying, I believe the same as you money amounts in football are utterly obscene, but, like it or not (and I assure I don't) that unfortunately is the way it is now.
You will as a club have to pay these type of figures for players and their wages or they simply won't come to your club.
If I was a player at the end of my contract at another club and wanted to leave and i was a prolific goal scorer and Albion came along and offered me £10,000 a week,
then I was contacted by Forest say for example and they offered me £16,000 a week plus bonuses I know where I would be heading,
and it would NOT be to the South Coast, Two words, Glenn Murray !!!

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

The geezer scored a hatful of goals for ONE season in the LEAGUE BELOW the Championship!

He's a promising player for sure, but for £4 million I'd want a proven Championship striker.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
The geezer scored a hatful of goals for ONE season in the LEAGUE BELOW the Championship!

He's a promising player for sure, but for £4 million I'd want a proven Championship striker.

Hes scored again today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here