Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you think is going wrong financially? Bhafc

Brightonboy100

Aug 15, 2014
Felpham, Bognor Regis
I have two theories 1. Bloom has got into some serious financial difficulties and needs to sell our players in order to get some money back, I think he doesn't want to sell the club because he doesn't want to let the fans down and still wants the pursue in his task to get us to the prem in.

:albion2:

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'll go with "none of the above"

Edit. Looking forward to your second post.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If OP is suggesting we are broke. We are not.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have two theories 1. Bloom has got into some serious financial difficulties and needs to sell our players in order to get some money back, I think he doesn't want to sell the club because he doesn't want to let the fans down and still wants the pursue in his task to get us to the prem in.

2. One of his close family members has died and he has gone a bit crazy. I think the top one^is more likely lol. WHAT DO YOU THINK? :albion2:

Attachments

• B2B-Boring.jpg
    B2B-Boring.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,235

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
There is nothing wrong financially. TB wants to make the club profitable, like any good business. Would you want to fund losses out of your pocket every year., I don't think so.

I would imagine we will reinvest some of the money brought in on new players. Just waiting for the right players rather than wasting it.

TB is taking the sensible approach and investing in the long term not gambling on a player that might not work out or get injured. Have patience, we will be a strong team for years to come not an overnight success that goes into administration in a few years.

Brightonboy100

Aug 15, 2014
Felpham, Bognor Regis
Go on then...why haven't we signed anyone? Why are players not wanting to play for us? What have we been doing whilst all of our playoff rivals have been strengthening their squads? At this rate we'll be low to mid table

Feb 14, 2010
Nothing. The Board have for two seasons running provided a playing budget larger than the likes of palace and Burnley, both of who survived on sub 14000 crowds, smaller playing budgets and got promotion. The blame rests on our players like Ulloa, Buckley, Bridcutt, and managers like Poyet who had every advantage, but who failed to win promotion.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Go on then...why haven't we signed anyone? Why are players not wanting to play for us? What have we been doing whilst all of our playoff rivals have been strengthening their squads? At this rate we'll be low to mid table

God knows why, but I'll bite.
Uh huh. Ok, so with a few signings we'll be higher than mid table and challenging, by that logic?
Watch it happen.
Selling players we don't want or need (Buckley) and players we cannot say no to (Ulloa) does not suggest we're broke. Signing a goalkeeper for over a million quid does not suggest we're broke.
Bidding £1.5mil or so for Clayton does not suggest we're broke.

Why exactly did you sign up here? Just to make scurrilous (not very good) rumours?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
There is nothing wrong financially. TB wants to make the club profitable, like any good business. Would you want to fund losses out of your pocket every year., I don't think so.

I would imagine we will reinvest some of the money brought in on new players. Just waiting for the right players rather than wasting it.

TB is taking the sensible approach and investing in the long term not gambling on a player that might not work out or get injured. Have patience, we will be a strong team for years to come not an overnight success that goes into administration in a few years.

I would think this is close to the mark

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think 3, you're wetting your knickers over nothing.

Our transfer activity is a little frustrating but understandable. We've not sold our better players to league rivals, weve sold them to premier league clubs we couldn't and shouldn't stand in the way of any player that gets this oppertunity providing the buying club meets the Albions valuation. It wouldn't look particularly good to potential signings if we were seen to be stubborn or difficult with such transfers, some might even see it as a reason not to sign.

With regard to reinvestment again its frustrating but signings of a decent quality will come, we're in the middle of an over inflated market right now where players who can only really be described as good championship players are transfering for eyewatering amounts. If we're going to avoid over paying or wasting money on players that turn out to be poor additions we need to be patient.

Bloom has delivered throughout his tenure, his investment in both infrastructure and players is almost unprecedented for a club of our size and he will continue to do so but in a measured and prudent way, remember he's a fan himself, he's gone through the same as us seeing the Albion almost destroyed through debt and mismanagement, as much as I'm sure he'd like to keep chucking (for him) relatively affordable millions at players to reach his goal of premierleague football he's financing in a way that keeps us financially sound and in line with new ffp rules. How anyone can be against this is beyond me, he's safeguarding the future of our club!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think 3, you're wetting your knickers over nothing.

Our transfer activity is a little frustrating but understandable. We've not sold our better players to league rivals, weve sold them to premier league clubs we couldn't and shouldn't stand in the way of any player that gets this oppertunity providing the buying club meets the Albions valuation. It wouldn't look particularly good to potential signings if we were seen to be stubborn or difficult with such transfers, some might even see it as a reason not to sign.

With regard to reinvestment again its frustrating but signings of a decent quality will come, we're in the middle of an over inflated market right now where players who can only really be described as good championship players are transfering for eyewatering amounts. If we're going to avoid over paying or wasting money on players that turn out to be poor additions we need to be patient.

Bloom has delivered throughout his tenure, his investment in both infrastructure and players is almost unprecedented for a club of our size and he will continue to do so but in a measured and prudent way, remember he's a fan himself, he's gone through the same as us seeing the Albion almost destroyed through debt and mismanagement, as much as I'm sure he'd like to keep chucking (for him) relatively affordable millions at players to reach his goal of premierleague football he's financing in a way that keeps us financially sound and in line with new ffp rules. How anyone can be against this is beyond me, he's safeguarding the future of our club!!!

But I want Robin van Persie! NOW! :cry: :angry:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here