joao-teixeira-signs-15aug14-ld229-1830954_478x359.jpg

Joao Carlos Teixeira.
Image by: Action Images

PUBLISHED
20:12 15th August 2014
by James Hilsum
I could see straight away he was the best player on the pitch"
Steven Gerrard

Brighton & Hove Albion’s latest signing Joao Carlos Teixeira has been tipped for a big future by Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers and captain Steven Gerrard.The attacking midfielder has joined Albion on a season-long deal after making one appearance for the Reds first-team in a 3-2 win over Fulham back in February.
Speaking after that game, Gerrard revealed he believes it is only a matter of time before the 21-year-old breaks into the first-team at Anfield.
He told Liverpoolfc.com, "I watched this kid a couple of years ago playing for Sporting Lisbon against Liverpool at Anfield in a youth game; I could see straight away he was the best player on the pitch.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

“He listens: I've spoken to him in the dressing room and you can see he wants to learn. He has got respect for the other players."This is the start for him now; I've just told him that he needs to push on, keep learning and building on what he has just achieved."
Rodgers will be keeping a close eye on the Portuguese under-21 international’s progress during his time on the south coast, having been impressed by the player’s quality and work-rate in training.
Speaking in April, he said of Teixeira, "Joao has been one of the outstanding performers for the reserves. I always observe in training and see where players are at and Joao has looked very good. His intensity and speed of his game proves he has undoubted quality."
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V bolton
[/h]saturday 23rd AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V charlton
[/h]SATURDAY 30th AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v blackpool
[/h]SATURDAY 20TH september, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here