Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leatherhead, Walton an 'ersham, Kingstonian and Canvey Island

Since being promoted from the county league only 2 years ago PTFC are now playing more and more 'big boys'. Last season we gave Leatherhead and Walton n Hersham a good hiding (on the pitch) something the Albion couldn't manage in the 70s!

Today Peacehaven entertain Canvey Island 3pm gotta warn you, it's a tenner to get in which I'm informed is "outrageous for that level" (although it is the average price in that division). U18s FREE

Anyway where was I, yeah Canvey, wasn't our 2-2 draw there in the 90's live on the box? And was there some 'handbags' with some local lads before that match as some West Ham lad I met an an England match proudly claimed?

Kingstonian are down next month, but can't talk about them!,it wasn't a good time to play them (Bellotti era) and subsequently we got turned over in front of the cameras (although it might have just been MOTD)

As for poor old Sudbury and Hayes, neither team exist in the same guise any more as both have been the victims of a "Thames Valley Royals". (Showing my age!)

Anyway what are you memories of Albion/non league cup encounters? anyone at the Wisbech match?

Finally, Maidstone are a 'giant' in the Ryman league and are down on Boxing Day, have the Albion ever played them in a competitive match?, I don't recall.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
those were the days when we really had something to moan about!!

Walton and Hersham! , the Leatherhead Lip, Kingstonian Away in 1994,

but Liam Bradys BHAFC did at least beat Canvey after the 2 all draw

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Ten against Wisbech, nine against Southend and defeated by Bedford- all in the same season! I refereed at Wisbech many times in the eighties and a couple of times raised the 10-1 result with their officials. I think they were still shell-shocked!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
those were the days when we really had something to moan about!!

Walton and Hersham! , the Leatherhead Lip, Kingstonian Away in 1994,

but Liam Bradys BHAFC did at least beat Canvey after the 2 all draw

Liam Bradys BHAFC didn't beat them, he resigned after the draw, Jimmy Case took over as manager for the 4-1 win in the replay.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
only missing Sudbury for the full set.(how depressing was that football match in that cow field!?)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Liam Bradys BHAFC didn't beat them, he resigned after the draw, Jimmy Case took over as manager for the 4-1 win in the replay.

I do believe that this was the source of the famous radio interview when Brady told John Lees "If my grandmother had balls she'd be my grandfather." Legend!

Last edited:

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Ten against Wisbech, nine against Southend and defeated by Bedford- all in the same season! I refereed at Wisbech many times in the eighties and a couple of times raised the 10-1 result with their officials. I think they were still shell-shocked!

I watched all of those games. Pity I didn't get to the Northwich cup tie a few seasons back as it would have given me the full set from 0 to 10 !

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
For those that like attendence related things, when we played Scarborough in the 3rd round of the cup in 1978 we had over 22,000 in the ground, which was on par with our average. Don't recall prices being reduced at all.

The prices weren't reduced because they were fair in the first place.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I got to Kingstonian 5 mins late and missed the only goal (was it ours?) and got to Cornbeef Island and realised I needed a ticket, fortunately bought one of a BHA fan phew...... the good old daze

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here