Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't believe the hype

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Bit left field with all the doom and gloom but don't you think hypia is clearing out what he doesn't want or need bar Leo and to be fair you can't refuse 8 mill for a player.... Hypia is his own man he plays a different style to gus and Oscar and wants to bring in his own players chill out guys judge the club when the transfer window closes.....just a thought shoot me down if like

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Well under his stewardship Leo has gone for silly money, money that not many clubs in championship could refuse Sami has said that he was disappointed with buckleys attitude in pre season.., do you not think it might be feasible that Sami wishes to bring in certain players to suite his style of play and maybe those players are not available yet.....

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Complete rubbish.Clubs are moving in for our players and in most cases we can't turn down there approaches/offers.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Well under his stewardship Leo has gone for silly money, money that not many clubs in championship could refuse Sami has said that he was disappointed with buckleys attitude in pre season.., do you not think it might be feasible that Sami wishes to bring in certain players to suite his style of play and maybe those players are not available yet.....

I was going to make the same point about Buckley. He was happy to let him go because of his wrong attitude. He's also showing he knows the sort of players he wants. Seems to be involved in the recruitment process!!!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Complete rubbish.Clubs are moving in for our players and in most cases we can't turn down there approaches/offers.

It's not complete rubbish. Why does everything need to be black or white. The true picture is more likely a mixture of what you say and what oh ah stantona says.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I would also say a bit of both, let's be honest the club offloaded a lot of players before Sami arrived. since he has been here Ulloa and Buckley have gone, although no great surprise. Ulloa will be missed and Buckley not so much so.
The rest of the players that were let go were, let's face it at the end of there shelf life or surplus to requirements in the clubs eye.
Its a rebuilding time for the club, we need a mixture of young and experienced and hopefully the club can bring in the experience over the next few weeks, then patients is needed while they bed in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As long as Sami is OK with the fact that he has to rebuild and he is going to get the backing then that is OK with me. We are likely to have a pretty average to bad season whilst he gets on with the job though. I guess crunch time is end of season, will he stay or will he go..there may be a song in there somewhere.

Three departing managers in three seasons would be a worry.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Cant be ars** decided to edit.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I think it more complicated than that but it could be a factor. I don't think most people are questioning the players we are selling or the money we have got generally they have been very good deals for us. I think it's the lack of replacements that has left a void and very week squad now the season has started that has people worried.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think it more complicated than that but it could be a factor. I don't think most people are questioning the players we are selling or the money we have got generally they have been very good deals for us. I think it's the lack of replacements that has left a void and very week squad now the season has started that has people worried.

Exactly, I felt the squad needed major surgery and freshening up and we've received a fair price for our players. It's the way we keep missing out on our top targets that is worrying. I shall wait and panic and then see.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
If he brings in Suso and Ibe to add to the Portugeezer it won't be too shabby.
Riise and that Sturridge would be nice too.

Burke? Who he?.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He may well be clearing out but it's the clubs complete inability to get a permanent transfer over the line that makes your argument fall apart!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
100% this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here