Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward aka The Scarlet Pimpernel

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Wots happening at Burnley? Do they still want him? Does he still want them? Has his mobile gone off again?

Stephen Ward...the most illusive player in the world ever.

Ever.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Hopefully the deal will fall through and he'll come running back to us with his tail between his legs. We can then tell him to **** off.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
See that Barnes is modelling their home strip!

As for Ward, he might be contemplating a massive pay rise and possibly life on the bench or an alternative of lower salary and regular football on the south coast. Wouldn't blame him for choosing either.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Hopefully the deal will fall through and he'll come running back to us with his tail between his legs. We can then tell him to **** off.

Absolutely this :thumbsup:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I don't understand how we have a wave of love when he was about to sign, but if we got the chance to sign him now, we should tell him to go away?

Nose off in spite?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
OK they have the TV money but I am not sure that Burnley are paying too many of theirs £13k a week and certainly not potential defensive bench warmers. If he does not play, he risks his international spot.

The figures reported suggest a substantial investment by anybody taking him on. We were looking to push the boat out a bit paying him £13k a week. He is solid, he is reliable but he is not flair and he is not class.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I don't understand how we have a wave of love when he was about to sign, but if we got the chance to sign him now, we should tell him to go away?

Nose off in spite?

You do realise that NSC is not just one person?

It's different people expressing different views.

Nose off in spite?
I was once fancied a girl and kept telling everyone she was great. When she put out for my mate instead, well, she became a slapper I would never want to swing into.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This is the only story I have found, published at 10.40 today.

...............Burnley will seemingly have their offer accepted if they match Brighton’s bid for the player.

However, it will be interesting to see whether Ward will decide to return to familiar surroundings by joining the Seagulls or be tempted by the lure of the Premier League and elect to choose Burnley instead...................

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/burnley-fc-to-make-a-late-swoop-for-stephen-ward-42797

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here