Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos texeira

cyador

Jul 6, 2013
You guys seem to be getting one of our youngsters on loan. Kid we signed from sporting Lisbon. Got all the talent in the world, one of those where its up to him how far he goes. He missed about 15 months with a back injury just after he signed. Looking forward to seeing how he does, he's a jack Wilshire, fabregas type player, can play on the left, central midfield or as a number 10.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You guys seem to be getting one of our youngsters on loan. Kid we signed from sporting Lisbon. Got all the talent in the world, one of those where its up to him how far he goes. He missed about 15 months with a back injury just after he signed. Looking forward to seeing how he does, he's a jack Wilshire, fabregas type player, can play on the left, central midfield or as a number 10.

Can he do all 3 at the same time?

We're a bit short of players at the moment.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The worrying thing for me is at he age of 21 has played precisely 2 league games in league one. Why ?

Feb 14, 2010
The worrying thing for me is at he age of 21 has played precisely 2 league games in league one. Why ?

Probably because he signed for Liverpool from a foreign side and wasn't thought better than the central midfield at Liverpool. No idea if he is good enough or too good for the championship. We shall see. One interesting thing to note tho is that he seems to be the managers signing instead of a "team effort". At least we know who the blame or credit rests with this one.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

He joined Liverpool at 18. He missed 15 months with a back injury.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
He joined Liverpool at 18. He missed 15 months with a back injury.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

It's bit of an odd one to me: seems a few almost want him to fail to 'punish' the club for their lack of transfer activity. Can't see it as anything but an exciting addition.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's bit of an odd one to me: seems a few almost want him to fail to 'punish' the club for their lack of transfer activity. Can't see it as anything but an exciting addition.

Hopefully so. On paper, it's potentially a really good move, I'll keep my hopes reasonable though as (1) he's just a kid, and (2) Gai Assulin and Abdul Razak came with similar expectations.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Hopefully so. On paper, it's potentially a really good move, I'll keep my hopes reasonable though as (1) he's just a kid, and (2) Gai Assulin and Abdul Razak came with similar expectations.

Some might add Lingard to that list. Certainly no failure, but not exactly a young George Best either.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You didn't read his question properly like others because you are to busy defending this transfer. US asked why he played just 2 games in league 1. It wasn't because of an injury. He was recalled due to not playing.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24444806

This. He has played 7 minutes for Liverpool and come on as sub twice in League One for Brentford. It seems a complete punt from leftfield out of sheer desperation to at least get another body in. It might work I suppose, we will see

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

That's two more than Ronaldo has played there...

But seriously, are you asking:

"Why are the only two games he has played in his senior career been in league one?"

or

"Why, when he was on loan at brentford, did he only play 2 games?"

If it's the first, the long term injury would have given other players a chance to establish themselves ahead of him, and he would need more time to get back to full fitness and full form. Liverpool tried to get him some game time by loaning him out, but Brentford had their own needs to cater to and he wasn't used as much as Liverpool wanted so they brought him back, feeling, I presume, that he would benefit more from training with Liverpool and not playing than he would training with brentford and not playing. Also, he made an appearance for Liverpool's first team v Fulham back in February.

If it's the second, he was only there for 4 or 5 games before he returned to Liverpool because Brentford weren't using him enough, and weren't going to. According to Uwe Rosler

Bees boss Rosler insists Teixeira's talents were unsuited for the battle his side have found themselves in, but is happy with his compliment of midfielders at the moment, despite still not having properly replaced Conor McAleny.

He said: “We have enough midfield players, so we won't be looking to replace Jaoa. We will concentrate on the players we have here already.

“The timing of Jaoa coming here was probably a little bit unfortunate, our game is not flowing like it was in pre-season. It will come again, but at the moment we're in a bit of a battle.

“To bring a player like him in at this stage, it is difficult for him to show his potential, and we didn't want him to get frustrated. He's a fantastic player, it's not abut his quality.

“Players have to play when they come in (from clubs like Liverpool), and we couldn't guarantee him as much game time as he and Liverpool would have liked.
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...ws/brentford-boss-uwe-rosler-explains-6165926

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That's two more than Ronaldo has played there...

But seriously, are you asking:

"Why are the only two games he has played in his senior career been in league one?"

or

"Why, when he was on loan at brentford, did he only play 2 games?"

If it's the first, the long term injury would have given other players a chance to establish themselves ahead of him, and he would need more time to get back to full fitness and full form. Liverpool tried to get him some game time by loaning him out, but Brentford had their own needs to cater to and he wasn't used as much as Liverpool wanted so they brought him back, feeling, I presume, that he would benefit more from training with Liverpool and not playing than he would training with brentford and not playing. Also, he made an appearance for Liverpool's first team v Fulham back in February.

If it's the second, he was only there for 4 or 5 games before he returned to Liverpool because Brentford weren't using him enough, and weren't going to. According to Uwe Rosler

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...ws/brentford-boss-uwe-rosler-explains-6165926

In other words Rosler was being kind like most managers do just in case they need to borrow another player from Liverpool in the future. The bottom line is he didn't force his way into the team despite coming a Premier league team.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Razak vs Ipswich was one of the best individual performances of any player at the Amex. Clearly has the talent but not the right attitude though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Razak vs Ipswich was one of the best individual performances of any player at the Amex. Clearly has the talent but not the right attitude though.

Absolutely. That was it from him though, wasn't it? One stellar showing & then...nothing. Bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here