Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HYYPIA WANTS CUTTING EDGE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-press-15aug14-ld229-1830235_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia ahead of the visit to St Andrews.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
14:57 15th August 2014
by James Hilsum
Every game is a battle and there will be a lot of end-to-end football"
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia wants more of cutting edge from his side when they face Birmingham City at St Andrew’s tomorrow.The Finn secured his first win as Albion manager against Cheltenham Town in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday and wants to build on this success at St Andrews.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I saw a professional performance from the players on Tuesday. The effort was there from everyone on the pitch and we now need to learn from the game and be a bit more dangerous in the final third against Birmingham.
“I’m expecting a similar kind of tempo that Sheffield Wednesday played in the first game. Every game is a battle and there will be a lot of end-to-end football.
“That’s what I expect tomorrow. There will be a lot of passes behind our back four and a lot of second balls to fight for.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The Albion manager also stressed that the club is doing everything possible to bring in key transfer targets before the end of the summer transfer window.“We are trying to do everything we can in this period to bring the players we want and then hopefully we will have the kind of options needed to help us to win games.
“I intend to get everything out of the team that I’ve got here and work with them on the pitch as much as possible to get results.”
“In sport everything is about results and when you have an idea of how you would like your team to play, then obviously you work on the things you want your team to do better.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V bolton
[/h]saturday 23rd AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V charlton
[/h]SATURDAY 30th AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v blackpool
[/h]SATURDAY 20TH september, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here