Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Samed Yesil

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
Reliably informed that Brighton are after Liverpool youngster Samed Yesil on loan.

Sami had him at Leverkusen before Liverpool signed him.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament twice in one season. Sounds like the perfect Buckley replacement.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Don't want to sound ungrateful but we should be looking at permanent signings.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament twice in one season. Sounds like the perfect Buckley replacement.

...........and barely played in two years (obviously)

Seems this is where we're at with recruitment.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It has been said the signing will be a permanent one. Sami also did not have him at Leverkusen apart from that very accurate

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Reading up the guy has had rotten luck TWO cruciate ligament ruptures by the age of 20. Poor chap.

9 gols in 7 games for Germany U-19 is quite tidy.

(I have heard nothing to substantiate this rrumour, btw - simply musing)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Reading up the guy has had rotten luck TWO cruciate ligament ruptures by the age of 20. Poor chap.

9 gols in 7 games for Germany U-19 is quite tidy.

(I have heard nothing to substantiate this rrumour, btw - simply musing)
With FFP is it worth taking risks with players like this?

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
As discussed, today's is a perm signing

My source said a loan is more likely with future fee in the deal. Permanent is possible but Rodgers sees him as one for the future and unwilling to sell yet.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
With FFP is it worth taking risks with players like this?

I would say yes. If it works out and he plays to the potential he clearly had before he was on the treatment table for so long then he could be worth a tidy sum in a few years as well and he could be the man to fire in some goals for us.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think if there is an agreed fee to make him ours on loan or a cheap fee with a sell on/buy back then it's very much worth the risk. We cannot afford/get top quality players without parachute payments so we need to pick up players with good resell potential and who are the right age. This guy fits the bill on both counts...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think if there is an agreed fee to make him ours on loan or a cheap fee with a sell on/buy back then it's very much worth the risk. We cannot afford/get top quality players without parachute payments so we need to pick up players with good resell potential and who are the right age. This guy fits the bill on both counts...
We signed Stockdale who is a top quailty player for a million and so that kinda dismisses what you said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here