This is the sort of signing we should be making

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What makes you think we want him?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Would have been a decent signing but I reckon the wages may have been a stumbling block for us judging on recent happenings.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Would have been a decent signing but I reckon the wages may have been a stumbling block for us judging on recent happenings.

If we can't compete with Brentford whose average attendance last season was 7,728 then we really are in trouble.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Have you ever seen this guy play? Who knows if he is any good or not? He has only played 40ish games at Spanish 2nd division level, which would make him significantly worse than Spanish Dave and Bruno (in theory). So 40 games by the time he is 23, WHAT A PLAYER!

He may turn out to be good, who knows, but to get upset on missing out on this sort of transfer is absurd.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
There should be rich pickings in Spain. I read a month or so ago that the players union complained that 294 players in the top 2 divisions had not been paid for last season! Collectively they were owed €23 million!
There must be lots of decent players that would not complain about our wage cap.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
To be fair, many people hadn't heard of Calde, Bruno, Ulloa and even Vicente before we signed them either.

Although in this case, a quick look at his Wikipedia, this one does seem to be relatively unproven. I wouldn't be overly enthusiastic if we signed him.

Played 35 times for the team that finished champions of the Spanish second tier, scoring 11 goals last season after Real Madrid had a look at him the year before. I'd say he would have been worth a punt and NSC would have gone mental if he had come here.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Have you ever seen this guy play? Who knows if he is any good or not? He has only played 40ish games at Spanish 2nd division level, which would make him significantly worse than Spanish Dave and Bruno (in theory). So 40 games by the time he is 23, WHAT A PLAYER!

He may turn out to be good, who knows, but to get upset on missing out on this sort of transfer is absurd.

Got to be better than the nothing that we have surely?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We have no alternative to the erratic and occasionally brilliant Lualua. A decent left footer able to deliver set pieces, with a reasonable goal scoring record, would have got a big thumbs up from me.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No but I'm not a scout.

So, the possibility exists that the club had looked at him and decided he's not worth pursuing, which is why he's gone to Brentford? It's irrelevant as to whether we can outbid them or not if we're not interested in them. Besides, a left sided midfielder isn't exactly the biggest problem in terms of positions at the moment.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Got to be better than the nothing that we have surely?

Come on, if this guy was our one signing this week this place would be in further meltdown. If you want to be gutted we missed out on some nobody from Spain then it is up to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here