Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eagles, McCourt, Etherington, Baldock, Wallace, Becchio.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
On the plus point Burkes lists have included the elusive combination of realistic and exciting targets. Players like Ward, Grabban, Clayton and Conway so the talent identification appears to be working.

Since we have been without Gus to sell the club (and himself) Burke seems unable to secure our priority targets and ends up settling for cast offs like Lita, Obika, Kemy, Spanish Rod etc. There's not a lot wrong with the structure and recruitment framework he has in place but he's clearly not the man to close deals.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Becchio IN. Would be a more than adequate replacement for Leo, Wallace & Baldock yes. Not sure on the others, Eagles is a big wage, Etherington has injury issues and I don't know much about McCourt in fairness.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Becchio is on about 30k a week at Norwich, hence why he's not been moved on yet.

Eagles was on 30k a week according to the Burnley fan on this board, Etherington probably similar. Bristol City want £4m for Baldock.

Stupid post.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
On the plus point Burkes lists have included the elusive combination of realistic and exciting targets. Players like Ward, Grabban, Clayton and Conway so the talent identification appears to be working.

Since we have been without Gus to sell the club (and himself) Burke seems unable to secure our priority targets and ends up settling for cast offs like Lita, Obika, Kemy, Spanish Rod etc. There's not a lot wrong with the structure and recruitment framework he has in place but he's clearly not the man to close deals.

Purely on a pedantic note. I understand that it was Garcia that wanted Kemy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Becchio is on about 30k a week at Norwich, hence why he's not been moved on yet.

Eagles was on 30k a week according to the Burnley fan on this board, Etherington probably similar. Bristol City want £4m for Baldock.

Stupid post.

I would be astonished if Eagles was on that much at Burnley (is he still a Burnley player?) as he must have agreed a contract when they were a Championship club, & their wage bill was smaller than ours last season.

I doubt even Ings was on that much & he was their star player.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I would be astonished if Eagles was on that much at Burnley (is he still a Burnley player?) as he must have agreed a contract when they were a Championship club, & their wage bill was smaller than ours last season.

I doubt even Ings was on that much & he was their star player.

Eagles was on 15k a week at Burnley, and moved to Bolton, where he was on £30k a week.

'Chris Eagles (£30,000 a week) is in the same wage bracket' - Cut and pasted from The Independent: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...eas-proprietors-to-damage-a-club-9042669.html

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
the way people talk about Becchio makes me wonder if anyone has ever actually watched him play. He was very one dimensional, usually scoring a tap in or header, and scored so many goals because of Leed's one plan that involved attacking relentlessly at the complete sacrifice of any defensive coherence, he received buckets of chances similar as to why CMS scored fifty at Peterboro and only a dozen or so in a season for us. Also lets not forget that he is now thirty and hasn't played regular football in a year and a half or scored a goal in that period. Not bad as a bench boy perhaps but certainly not a replacement for Ulloa, two very different players.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
on top of that why do we need Becchio... we dont we have COG

the strikers we get in will be in a different mould in my opinion

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Bolton, of course. My bad :thumbsup:

Quite alright.

Point stands though, he's an extremely lazy player, albeit a talented one, but he won't track back or put a shift in - hence Bolton tried to send him out on loan and he stopped being picked last season.

He sounds EXACTLY like the likes of Agustein, Harley, Dobbie....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quite alright.

Point stands though, he's an extremely lazy player, albeit a talented one, but he won't track back or put a shift in - hence Bolton tried to send him out on loan and he stopped being picked last season.

He sounds EXACTLY like the likes of Agustein, Harley, Dobbie....

I agree entirely. Clearly a man of great talent, but a career spent at Watford, Burnley & Bolton suggests to me a certain lack of application. An occasional matchwinner, but a regular source of frustration for fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here