Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is clearly the plan ....

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
1/ No actual signings but (up to) 5 premiership surplus to requirements loan players to be announced by TB over next 2 weeks
2/ BHA sitting top 6 at xmas so players loans are extended in January or new ones are attracted to join at that point with the smell of promotion in the air
3/ get into playoffs and choke again
4/ next year goto 1/ and repeat

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
you forgot 3.5; Get a new manager from the continent no-one has ever heard of

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
1/ No actual signings but (up to) 5 premiership surplus to requirements loan players to be announced by TB over next 2 weeks
2/ BHA sitting top 6 at xmas so players loans are extended in January or new ones are attracted to join at that point with the smell of promotion in the air

Made me chuckle that did.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's all a cunning plan. Everyone else will fail FFP in January and be forced to sell their players on the cheap. That's when we'll swoop!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Yup, exciting isn't it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Go after a proven striker to boost our auto chances but refuse to pay the going rate and fail to sign the player

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
The OP's point 1 is scuppered by the fact that Premier League clubs don't have to declare their 25-man squads until the middle of September, I believe.

true but many managers will know in advance who is definitely available and may release early

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
The OP's point 1 is scuppered by the fact that Premier League clubs don't have to declare their 25-man squads until the middle of September, I believe.
If I remember rightly, although the transfer window closes at the end of August, you can still loan players into September. Not quite sure when the loan window closes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here