Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8 of last years first team squad

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Gone not including Bridcutt. How sad . . There Is no light at the end of the tunnel . Would love to be positive .
But i am feeling sorry for Sammi. We are now a league 1 team on paper at the very be. I think we will struggle to stay in this división this year . If you think we would benefit from a change at the
top of the club please post your thoughts. We seem to have crashed. a very succesful car . Ir was so beautiful.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Fascinating stuff. Don t think the car has crashed yet though. Its just skid. Time to correct it yet.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
------------ Koosh -------------
? --- El-Abd ---- Upson ---Ward
---------- Bridcutt -------------
------ Lopez ----Orlandi ------
Buckley ----------------- Barnes
------------- Ulloa -------------

All players we have let go in 2014. Even though a right back short, i'd rather be going into the season with that team, than our current one.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Gone not including Bridcutt. How sad . . There Is no light at the end of the tunnel . Would love to be positive .
But i am feeling sorry for Sammi. We are now a league 1 team on paper at the very be. I think we will struggle to stay in this división this year . If you think we would benefit from a change at the
top of the club please post your thoughts. We seem to have crashed. a very succesful car . Ir was so beautiful.
We was crying out for a clear-out anyway...Problem is we haven't replaced them:lolol:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It was inevitable that we'd have a big clear out because the squad Poyet build was comprised of several aging players who would only have a couple of seasons left at most. What's disappointing to me is we've made some nice profit on several players but the board seem reluctant to re-invest. Surely even if we don't want to spend big we should at least be after young talented players now our academy has opened.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

All players we have let go in 2014. Even though a right back short, i'd rather be going into the season with that team, than our current one.

Lopez to right back and Keith Andrews in midfield and you have your 11.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

:fishing: Surely?

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Looking at our squad then this is what i see:

----------------------------------- Stockdale

Bruno/Calderon----------Greer------------Hughes--------------????

-------------------------Toko---------------Ince------------------------

--------------------------------- Stephans/Croft------------------------

------- CMS----------------------O Grady--------------------Lua Lua

Subs

Walton
Dunk
Forster Caskey
March

You can probably right off the rest as not good enough.

So we need a left back for sure, a Centre Forward as i don't think O Grady is the man to lead the line.

If Lingaard came back then we could replace CMS to give some balance

We then need several experienced players to add quality and depth to the team.

So i think we definately need 3 for the starting eleven and possibly 3/4 more to add depth.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

IMHO only Barnes , ulloa, upson and Bridcutt were good and consistent enough for a promotion push. It's not the end of the world.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
IMHO only Barnes , ulloa, upson and Bridcutt were good and consistent enough for a promotion push. It's not the end of the world.

Hmmm. I think a team consisting of Koosh, Upson, Ward, Bridcutt, Buckley, Barnes and Ulloa plus a few new players, could win the league.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Hmmm. I think a team consisting of Koosh, Upson, Ward, Bridcutt, Buckley, Barnes and Ulloa plus a few new players, could win the league.

True enough, but Gus had this team plus Wayne Bridge and we didn't quite make it. All things considered, perhaps he under achieved with what he had at his disposal that season and any subsequent tilt at promotion is more likely to be based on canny management of limited resources - as managed, against all expectations, by Burnley last year.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Why not go back 30 or 40 years and select the best players and announce 'I rather go into the season with that 11'. Five of those players are in the Premier league, Lopez was a shadow of the player from the previous season and Orlandi spent most of the season on the treatment table. AEA was not a regular but a good squad player but you seem to have him above Dunk and Greer! Koosh may have been expensive and kept bleating on about moving to the Prem anyway, plus rumours about falling out with others. That plus I'm happy with Stockdale.

As frustrating as it is, when was the last time you could say that 5 players had transferred to teams in the division above us. That, whilst not making it any more palatable, is an indication as to where the club are now.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh great, another "players leave football club" thread.

:thumbsup:

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Why not go back 30 or 40 years and select the best players and announce 'I rather go into the season with that 11'. Five of those players are in the Premier league, Lopez was a shadow of the player from the previous season and Orlandi spent most of the season on the treatment table. AEA was not a regular but a good squad player but you seem to have him above Dunk and Greer! Koosh may have been expensive and kept bleating on about moving to the Prem anyway, plus rumours about falling out with others. That plus I'm happy with Stockdale.

As frustrating as it is, when was the last time you could say that 5 players had transferred to teams in the division above us. That, whilst not making it any more palatable, is an indication as to where the club are now.

I think you have completly missed the point. I was just pointing out that a team made up of players we have let go in the past 8 months, is stronger than a team we could field now. Which is hardly ambitious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here