Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meanwhile Forest

Mar 2, 2014
.... so what? Why do you feel this deserves a new topic? It really doesn't. Who cares what other clubs do, their business is irrelevant and uninteresting.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
.... so what? Why do you feel this deserves a new topic? It really doesn't. Who cares what other clubs do, their business is irrelevant and uninteresting.

Really? Doesn't it show what is possible, compared to what the Albion are achieving?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28797965

Nottingham Forest have signed German midfielder Robert Tesche on a one-year contract following his release by Bundesliga side Hamburg this summer.
The 27-year-old spent some of last season out on loan, but returned to help Hamburg avoid relegation.
Forest have also signed Michail Antonio and Britt Assombalonga this month.
Chris Burke, Daniel Fox, Matty Fryatt, Louis Laingand, Michael Mancienne, David Vaughan and Lars Veldwijk are their other permanent summer signings.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Shows what a circus the Championship has become.

They had spent fortunes last year and have now bought a new team within the last month.

I would understand if our club decided to consolidate for a while until the madness dies down or FFP is enforced to stop it.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
If Notts. were to win the League by 20 points then the point will have been made. If they end up in mid-table obscurity laden with large wage bills after splashing out a few quid too, then that would be a whole new different kettle of ballfish game.

Let's just see what happens.....all this does not guarantee any sort of success whatsoever.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Weren't we all mocking them for signing any old player a few months back?

Mar 2, 2014
Weren't we all mocking them for signing any old player a few months back?

And now we have decided that, even though a lot of business is still to be completed, we want to abandon our intention to be prudent, sensible and organised to appease the section of supporters (acting like customers rather than fans at the moment) who post on North Stand Chat.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
And now we have decided that, even though a lot of business is still to be completed, we want to abandon our intention to be prudent, sensible and organised to appease the section of supporters (acting like customers rather than fans at the moment) who post on North Stand Chat.

A sensible strategy, expect 5 signings (all from the Romanian 2nd division mind) to be announced by lunchtime.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

They had spent fortunes last year and have now bought a new team within the last month.

I would understand if our club decided to consolidate for a while until the madness dies down or FFP is enforced to stop it.

I agree, but the club should be open about it, at the moment they seem to feel the need to wrap us up in cotten wool and feed us scripted drivel, and tell us what they think we need to hear.

I have worked out for myself that they are waiting for FFP to kick in, but would have more respect for them if they stepped up and explained their plan instead of leaving everyone guessing.

Maybe they feel that if they are honest it would effect the gates, where I suspect the truth would actually maintain the gates. The way it is being played out now, by not being honest it becomes a lie which is disrespectful to the fans who turn up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Forests front line looks a perfect balance this year to me

Antoni Assomabalonga Fryatt Burke

Even when you consider Watford with Forristieri , Deeney , Vydra

We are miles behind even the play off hopefuls at the moment.

Got a feeling Forest will do it this year though

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Since a lot of 'fans' have been left to feel like customers it's not surprising that so many have adopted such an attitude, is it? Meanwhile, I don't think anybody is insisting we spunk money on any old player available, but we're consistently losing out on long term targets, not any old name that happens to be available, and what happens when we fail to land the players we've courted for months? We end up with loans like Obika, Lita and Andrews.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Could be in for a long wait. Probably half the teams in the Championship will have (the newly increased) parachutes and probably 3 or 4 others will be bankrolled by individuals trying to fund a challenge. That will leave 7 or 8 with a significant disadvantage.

It's been quite evident to me for some years how this was going to play out. I'm sure TB could see it to and I can only assume he has a plan to deal with it, because all the time the riches at the top keep getting bigger and bigger then so will the efforts of those in the chasing pack

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Of course, as other clubs sign players, it leaves the pool of available players to us even smaller so it isn't irrelevant or uninteresting. It's also relevant because we're playing Forest.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Most teams in the division have signed around 10 players other than the clubs that didn't lose many players. We seem to be the only team incapable of getting deals wrapped up.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Forests front line looks a perfect balance this year to me

Antoni Assomabalonga Fryatt Burke

Even when you consider Watford with Forristieri , Deeney , Vydra

We are miles behind even the play off hopefuls at the moment.

Got a feeling Forest will do it this year though

Cms- O'Grady- Fenelon......That is an ok Div 1 strike force, nothing more and it would still be one light.

I am as frustrated as the next man at the inability of our management team to get the required players in, but it's absolutely pointless comparing us to Forest, who have more money than sense. We aren't in that position. Comparisons (and they aren't flattering either) with the likes of Derby, Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday (to pick three at random) are much more useful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here