Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Down To You Now, Sami

el punal

What with Sammy Lee and Stephen Ward doing U-turns when the deal seemed done and dusted, it seems that the club are too honourable, trustworthy and, maybe naive, in their recent recruitment activity.

Sami, time for you to step up to the plate, assume that you're not going to get any decent new players and use your fighting spirit to mould the team into a promotion challenging outfit.

Tall order I know, but we'll be behind you all the way. :albion2:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think he would struggle with the current bunch if that is all he is given.
We now have 20 senior players. That is 1 less than Blackpool.
3 are keepers which means 17 outfield players.
1 of these in Kemy who quite frankly i would rather he did not play again.
1 stephens in still 6 weeks from fitness.
There is little creativity and very few goals in the team.
He would do well to be above the bottom 6.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What with Sammy Lee and Stephen Ward doing U-turns when the deal seemed done and dusted, it seems that the club are too honourable, trustworthy and, maybe naive, in their recent recruitment activity.

Sami, time for you to step up to the plate, assume that you're not going to get any decent new players and use your fighting spirit to mould the team into a promotion challenging outfit.

Quite right. Based on some comments on here, not all will be which is a shame. But it will be a big test of his coaching/managerial capabilities and the fans must give him and the team all the support that they can.

Not to worry though, we will get more bodies in soon....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am braced for a relegation scrap, any better will be an achievement with the players we have at the moment. I imagine all the players we bring in are now going to be 3rd, 4th or even 5th choice so I don't expect too much on that front.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I really think he will walk, sooner rather than later too. This is a shambles, he has been sold a lie basically.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
With the team we have just now we will do very well indeed to pick up points. Good luck to them tomorrow - lets hope they get something - a 0-0 would be good. If we don't get a lot of serious quality coming in we are in for a relegation fight for sure. Frankly we need a lifting of spirits and a really good signing just now and the prospect of more to come would help a lot. A goalscorer ideally!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Press conference this morning may bring some news?

Waffle and corporate bollocks I expect but mainly everyone from Ward to agents to FFP being blamed, club 100% blameless. Price for Buckley too good to turn down, signings imminent but nothing definite yet, it's complicated, keep the faith :thumbsup:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Waffle and corporate bollocks I expect with everyone from Ward to agents to FFP being blamed, club 100% blameless. Signings imminent but nothing definite yet, it's complicated, keep the faith :thumbsup:

I guess so, but you can hope (for a few mins at least) that it may be something positive.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I think he would struggle with the current bunch if that is all he is given.
We now have 20 senior players. That is 1 less than Blackpool.
3 are keepers which means 17 outfield players.
1 of these in Kemy who quite frankly i would rather he did not play again.
1 stephens in still 6 weeks from fitness.
There is little creativity and very few goals in the team.
He would do well to be above the bottom 6.

stick with the tv commentary mate, the last thing we need is another prophet of doom

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We need Sammi to galvanize the squad and build the togetherness. Our defense looks iffy and we've got no natural goalscorer up top. We need to start fighting for our Championship status from the off.

Hopefully our on-field aspirations will soon match our off field professionalism, but we've got an awful long way to go to build a squad capable of gaining promotion.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia

love it, a positive OP getting behind the team we all purport to love, that's the way

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We were told we'd have a competitive squad by the end of the transfer window and I for one still believe we will have.

Losing Ward is a shame, but there really plenty of equally good left backs out there.

Losing Buckley ... not a problem. When did he last have a decent game for us? I'd rather have the £2.5m.

Losing Ulloa ... not a big problem. I'd rather have the £7m+ to invest in a more mobile striker and strengthen the squad elsewhere.

As a previous manager said ... KEEP THE FAITH.

"One club, one ambition" is still however a cringeworthy corporate mission statement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here