Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One club, no ambition.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I'm sure I'm not the only fan who feels this would be a better motto for the club.

Selling our best players, replacing them with players who have just been relegated, keeping the deadwood at the club, playing the hard game to try buy players until the point they move else where, I see no ambition here and TB's 5 year plan to get us in the prem should be more like a 5 year plan to stay in the championship.

During the withdean era, I could understand why we were shit, why we couldn't sign anyone good, so on and so forth, but it's an entire different game now we're no longer that tiny club playing at an athletic ground, I know people keep saying this bit and I'm sorry for repeating it, but we're in a multi award winning stadium, with the highest average attendance in the league, over 20,000 season ticket holders, a multi million pound training complex, we pay ott for food and drinks at the ground, yet the quality of players coming in don't match up.

I can honestly see yet another manger leaving us come the end of the season and worst of all I can see thousands of fans cancelling their season tickets come the end of the month if they don't see investment, which will hurt the club majorly in the long run, surely they can see that.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Two weeks to find 5-6 players. Big ask really considering Burke and co had trouble getting four players in by 10 weeks or so. As you say i think quite a few people could possible cancel their season tickets if no progress has been made by the end of the window.

What i can see though is lots of gaps being filled by loan players which isn't the answer. We need to be building our own squad. It's certainly a big two weeks coming up for the club and lets hope we start to go into overdrive now. It's now got to the stage where things are getting desperate. Stop penny pinching and lets start to get serious.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm sure I'm not the only fan who feels this would be a better motto for the club.

Selling our best players, replacing them with players who have just been relegated, keeping the deadwood at the club, playing the hard game to try buy players until the point they move else where, I see no ambition here and TB's 5 year plan to get us in the prem should be more like a 5 year plan to stay in the championship.

During the withdean era, I could understand why we were shit, why we couldn't sign anyone good, so on and so forth, but it's an entire different game now we're no longer that tiny club playing at an athletic ground, I know people keep saying this bit and I'm sorry for repeating it, but we're in a multi award winning stadium, with the highest average attendance in the league, over 20,000 season ticket holders, a multi million pound training complex, we pay ott for food and drinks at the ground, yet the quality of players coming in don't match up.

I can honestly see yet another manger leaving us come the end of the season and worst of all I can see thousands of fans cancelling their season tickets come the end of the month if they don't see investment, which will hurt the club majorly in the long run, surely they can see that.

'There is none so blind......................................'

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY

Am I not right in thinking even if fans did cancel their season tickets they are still contracted to pay for them this season, whether they use it or not ???

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
, I know people keep saying this bit and I'm sorry for repeating it, but we're in a multi award winning stadium, with the highest average attendance in the league, over 20,000 season ticket holders, a multi million pound training complex, we pay ott for food and drinks at the ground, yet the quality of players coming in don't match up.

And the answer is still the same. The disparity between the Championship and the Premiership, and the presence of parachute payments makes it increasingly difficult to compete. And we had best get used to it.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
if someone who is paying monthly by DD wishes to cancel their season ticket, they can do so, but there is a fee and I believe it's around £50.

That's interesting to know. Guess I should of read the T & C's more clearly.

Its not something I will ever consider mind you, unless finances dictate it.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
if someone who is paying monthly by DD wishes to cancel their season ticket, they can do so, but there is a fee and I believe it's around £50.

Im sure a mate of mine who simply stopped paying in the first Amex season due to financial issues, just had is ticket cancelled and nothing else. If this £50 cancellation fee thing is recent (i.e last season) then I wouldnt be paying it if I cancelled as I havnt agreed to this, as the club has simply re-newed my ST year on year, and never presented me with updated T&C's.

Plus if the club dont have the ability to get players in, then I doubt they have the nouse to be able to chase me for £50.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Im sure a mate of mine who simply stopped paying in the first Amex season due to financial issues, just had is ticket cancelled and nothing else. If this £50 cancellation fee thing is recent (i.e last season) then I wouldnt be paying it if I cancelled as I havnt agreed to this, as the club has simply re-newed my ST year on year, and never presented me with updated T&C's.

Plus if the club dont have the ability to get players in, then I doubt they have the nouse to be able to chase me for £50.

People have the chance to cancel their season ticket without paying the fee when the season finishes up until 2 or 3 weeks before the new season.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

But if you just cancelled that would mean you would have paid about 4 months of payments (£192 in my case) for one game.

Not sure that is the best advice tbh!

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY

Maybe that's why I hadn't seen it ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here