Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus, Oscar, Sammy Lee, Ward

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The names of those who have publicly snubbed us.

Now add Bridge, Upson, Grabban, Clayton, Baldock, Murray, Barnes, Buckley, Kuscaeck (ahem). You could add on players who understandably moved on - Ulloa, El Abd, Bridcutt

Are we all sure that everything is hunky dory in BHAFC right now?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Money. Disagreement, money, money, money, money, money, money, perhaps loyalty, money, money, crack at the premiership, disagreement.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Don't recall Barnes, Buckley, Clayton, Baldock snubbing us.
Bridge, Upson, Grabban and Murray did it for more cash.
Koosh hasn't done it at all, as far as I know.
Oscar resigned and went back to Tel Aviv.
You could argue that Poyet did it fortnightly.

Lee and Ward seem to have acted like *****.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
are you going to compile a list of all those that have come here rather than somewhere else in the past few years?

no lets fret instead.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I have it on reasonably good authority that the issue for Bridge was the change of manager rather than money.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Barnes was offered a contract which he refused to sign. He then left saying he felt he wasn't wanted here. I call that snubbing us.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Barnes was offered a contract which he refused to sign. He then left saying he felt he wasn't wanted here. I call that snubbing us.

If you like. He also said he hoped we were promoted through the play-offs.
If anything, I saw it as a reaction to the 'fans' who wanted him out.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Some people seem to be stubbornly ignorant. A player gets offered a higher wage and/or in a higher division. How is that a snub?

How is it the OP is happy to accept that Ulloa, AEA and Bridcutt 'understandably' moved on but not Buckley, Bridge (who was never our player) and Upson, plus arguably some of the others?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I have it on reasonably good authority that the issue for Bridge was the change of manager rather than money.

I heard, from someone who worked at the club (but recently left), that Bridge told the club he'd stay for 7k a week as he loved his time at the club.

The club made no formal offer. So he took the 25k on offer at Reading. Having heard many of the things that he had to say about Wayne Bridge during his time here, I honestly believe what he said.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
People underestimated what Gus did for us. He was star quality, and made up for our short comings in other parts of the club.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Something is very wrong within the club atm, it's needs sorting asap. That is down to the chairman, he is the boss, he holds the axe. This close season has been a shambles, someone has to be bought to task. If not, then we will have to draw our own conclusions.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Some people seem to be stubbornly ignorant. A player gets offered a higher wage and/or in a higher division. How is that a snub?

How is it the OP is happy to accept that Ulloa, AEA and Bridcutt 'understandably' moved on but not Buckley, Bridge (who was never our player) and Upson, plus arguably some of the others?

As you say, Ulloa £8m+ Premier League, Bridcutt £3m? Premier League, ElAbd First team football, all understandable.

Barnes was off whatever, Bridge might have stayed with right offer, maybe true of Upson, Clayton is a mystery, Ward just got pixxed off, Murray - ask Gus, Buckley - maybe he wanted to move, but we had his contract and no cover.

I think TB was quietly confident of a competitive squad a week or two back, now I think Burke and co are racking the hours up desperately trying to deliver one before the window closes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here