Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need answers

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
The fans forum before the beginning of the season is really starting to seem like, to me anyway, a publicity stunt and not a press conference in which the club tell the truth to the fans, when I listened to it, the answers that Bloom and Barber gave sounded a bit like they had been rehearsed, as if they wanted to tell the fans what they wanted to hear to keep them quiet, and that some of the stuff they said wasn't the truth, I hope this isn't the case, but either way the club need to talk to the fans again and give them more detailed, and possibly more honest answers in terms of player recruitment and other things that go on behind the scenes.

On the subject of player recruitment, I'm sure that the Ward business was just a hiccup and there are other deals going on, but what we need to know is why he apparently turned us down, most on here will say that he wanted to play in the premier league, but could there be other reasons. I'm sure there aren't but, if there is another reason, even not paying him what he wants, then the fans have a right to be concerned.

I'll either get flamed for this, made fun of for being so serious about football, or people on here will agree with me.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The fans forum before the beginning of the season is really starting to seem like, to me anyway, a publicity stunt and not a press conference in which the club tell the truth to the fans, when I listened to it, the answers that Bloom and Barber gave sounded a bit like they had been rehearsed, as if they wanted to tell the fans what they wanted to hear to keep them quiet, and that some of the stuff they said wasn't the truth, I hope this isn't the case, but either way the club need to talk to the fans again and give them more detailed, and possibly more honest answers in terms of player recruitment and other things that go on behind the scenes.

On the subject of player recruitment, I'm sure that the Ward business was just a hiccup and there are other deals going on, but what we need to know is why he apparently turned us down, most on here will say that he wanted to play in the premier league, but could there be other reasons. I'm sure there aren't but, if there is another reason, even not paying him what he wants, then the fans have a right to be concerned.

I'll either get flamed for this, made fun of for being so serious about football, or people on here will agree with me.

I'll answer that one: money.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex

I'll answer that one: money.

I already mentioned that

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
whats the question?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
We need answers? Someone is taking this a bit too seriously, don't ya think? You're here to support a team, regardless of the situation (which, to be quite frank, can still improve).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm not sure you could handle the truth

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
We need answers? Someone is taking this a bit too seriously, don't ya think? You're here to support a team, regardless of the situation (which, to be quite frank, can still improve).
Got to agree with you there. There were always likely to be bumps in the road at some point under TB. The club will still be here afterwards.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Out of interest, say they did talk to the fans again - and I'm not saying they should - what exactly would you expect them to say. I would think they'd say exactly what they said last time, the truth, they are trying to do deals but it's not a simple process and I for one don't expect these things to be carried out in the public eye.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Out of interest, say they did talk to the fans again - and I'm not saying they should - what exactly would you expect them to say. I would think they'd say exactly what they said last time, the truth, they are trying to do deals but it's not a simple process and I for one don't expect these things to be carried out in the public eye.

I accept all of the above but wholesale sales too?

It doesn't feel like we have a plan and certainly I'm sure that when Sami agreed to come it wasn't under the premise of us selling the better half of the team.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011

I will answer this one for you. There are 2 reasons Ward did not sign for us.

1/. The offer of premier league football and i would imagine a salary that was 200% more than what we had offered were too good to turn down, and i for one certainly do not blame the lad for that

2/. The club took too long to sort this deal out, had he been signed 2 months ago Burnley may not have even thought about needing another left back and we would have had a clear path to sign him, after all Kenny Jackett had been saying for a while that not contact has been made by Brighton.

Just MHO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It would only be spin and waffle so I'm not bothered with hearing answers. They don't buy players.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I accept all of the above but wholesale sales too?

It doesn't feel like we have a plan and certainly I'm sure that when Sami agreed to come it wasn't under the premise of us selling the better half of the team.

It's not up to me to defend tbe club, I don't know what the plan is, but I'm sure they have one. I don't think you can stop players leaving if they want to go, other than breaking the wage structure - which we're obviously trying hard not to do. I would be etremely surprised if we don't have at least a couple of decent signings before the window shuts, but we need patience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here