What we need for a top six finish?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Striker
Left back
Centre midfielder
Winger (maybe x2)
And possibly a centre back.

How many of these will be see come in by the end of the window?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's not what we need, it's the quality we need. You can't replace Ulloa with just a striker. He needs to be quality, which at this level comes in at about £4m+ and we aren't going to pay that in a month of Sundays, then we need the creative midfielder, which won't come cheap either.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
A miracle or a couple of seasons of consolidation in the champ and get the squad back to the level it was - takes time to do that although we seem to have unravelled it pretty darn quickly.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
6 decent players

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Easy! All we need is the following...

A quality Leftback

An experienced winger

A quality creative midfielder

A 20-goal-a-season 'mobile' striker

Oh, it's actually much harder than it sounds. But I'm trusting the board to get at least 3-4 players in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Striker
Left back
Centre midfielder
Winger (maybe x2)

How many of these will be see come in by the end of the window?

None of it matters. just shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic. What we now need is another five years minimum. Poyet and his team's shameful surrender v Palace in the 2nd leg ensured that. That was the high water mark for the time being. You'd like to think the players could have at least be arsed to be enthused by the prospect of a Wembley final. Apparently not. Oh well, nobody died. :shrug:

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Striker
Left back
Centre midfielder
Winger (maybe x2)

Id say a young centre back, whats annoying is we had cook, elphick and young centre back sold to tottenham if we had kept these we would be having no issues now and all 3 of them were brighton born lads.
We defo need 2 wingers as to me this is where you win games and create chances, depending on our full backs to set goals up is worrying as neither bruno or calderon get that many assits or put over that good of a ball so i dont understand why we not playing wingers.
I think we need 2 centre forwards one a goalscorer and another a young quick lad.
Left back urgently as plays got at the moment not good enough and obviousally hyppia doesnt rate mamsiminko or chicksen to pick calderon over them as calderon is good player but not a left back.
We also need someone creative in the middle of midfield as no one in the middle wanted the ball vs sheff wednesday apart from ince and he is supposed to be our defensive midfielder, when caskey got it he gave it 2 yards back to ince or hughes etc.
Very worrying so far.
Thats 7 players and i reckon we will bring in properly 2-3 max, if that does happen we just gotta hope can stay up this year as the side is looking very weak yes got injuries but the squad is looking thread bare and the starting line up isnt that great to start off with, i really feel sorry for hyppia after all the positive signs we got at the beginning the board and team who buy players have put our team at a real disadvantage and given hyppia nothing to play with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here