Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Petition: New Stadium - Grimsby Town

Nelly GTFC

Aug 14, 2014
Grimsby Town
Hi there Seagulls fans :clap:

Any chance I can get some extra signatures for my club to acquire a new stadium? Only takes a few minutes, we would really appreciate your help.

We have been trying for the last 20 years, but setbacks due to location, nimby's, and funding have set us back.

This is an official petition made by Grimsby Town Football Club over the last few months, which will be handed into our local council for planning permission.

Circa 500 permanent jobs, and 500 temporary construction jobs. For the long term survivability of the club, not only will it help the club, it will help with community projects in Education and Health.

Click Link >> http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/north-east-lincolnshire-council-support-for-a-community-stadium-and-leisure-complex-at-peaks-parkway

Thank you.

Community Stadium and Leisure Complex at Peaks Parkway

Together we can make this happen for the Community of North East Lincolnshire

Community Leisure Complex comprising

• 14000 seat stadium and home of GTFC

• all weather multi-use pitches

• health and wellbeing centre

• education and training centre

• multi-sport potential for rugby, netball, cricket

• car parking (street sports)

• Grimsby Town Sports & Education Trust centre - 2000sqm

- Football in the Community sports participation

- Futsal programme

- NEET provision

- Inclusion & disability projects

- Health & Education

- 163,000 annual aggregate engagement hours

Commercial enabling development comprising

• hotel and restaurants

• petrol filling station

• retail

Economic benefits

• safeguarding GTFC for future generations - 150 jobs

• construction employment - 500 jobs

• new permanent employment circa 500 jobs

• inward investment of £80m

• business centre - 3500sqm

• new business opportunities

• 2000 space car park plus coach spaces (potential Park & Ride)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I find it quite tedious when people mention they have a soft spot for another club but i have to say i've always liked the Fish. I remember Clive Mendonca and some guy getting his jaw broken of days gone by.

I will sign it no probs and good luck. You are a proper club who have been through some awful years. Hope to see you back in the league soon.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Ive signed it - oddly, my 19 year old son has a strange dislike of Grimsby Town - he always lists them as one of his petty football "hates" , because it was during his first season as a fan, aged 8 years old in 2002-03, that we played Grimsby on the final day. In his 8 year old mind, Grimsby should have just laid down and let us win to stay up. He laughs about it now, but its become a standing joke. He'd LOVE the fact that I'd signed this petition. ;-) Good luck.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Done. Can I have a double thumbs up for living in Crap Town ?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Seeing as I got attacked outside there in 1985 after we won 4-2 you can stick it where the sun don't shine

Weren't we 2-0 down with 15 to go or something? I seem to remember listening to the report on Radio Brighton - "one of the most unbelievable games that I have ever watched anywhere."

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Signed. Best of luck with it!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Done, of course. The Albion had good luck, great demographics and high pressure lobbying on its side when the stadium fight was on. Grimsby didn't, and that was the difference - they deserve our support.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hi there Seagulls fans :clap:

Any chance I can get some extra signatures for my club to acquire a new stadium? Only takes a few minutes, we would really appreciate your help.

We have been trying for the last 20 years, but setbacks due to location, nimby's, and funding have set us back.

This is an official petition made by Grimsby Town Football Club over the last few months, which will be handed into our local council for planning permission.

Circa 500 permanent jobs, and 500 temporary construction jobs. For the long term survivability of the club, not only will it help the club, it will help with community projects in Education and Health.

Click Link >> http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/north-east-lincolnshire-council-support-for-a-community-stadium-and-leisure-complex-at-peaks-parkway

Thank you.
All done me old mucker:D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here