Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your honest opinion please................

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Ok. so we all know what was said at the Fans forum about a competitive squad, FFP, etc etc

Today Will Buckley has completed his move to Sunderland to join the many others that have departed.

We are rumoured to be signing Paddy Mccourt (Was at the game Tuesday so has some backing to it)

For me I am as confused as hell! We sign Stockdale and for 24 hours i was positive, however its wiped away in an instant due to the low calibre of targets we are linked to (and the decent ones are denied that any contact has been made from BHAFC!) and today is just a boot in the knackers too much for me.

Rumour is now gathering pace that Sami has offered his resignation, just a rumour but my question is..............................If this is true what does this tell you about Barber, Bloom and Burke? And the state of our beloved club is in?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I never wanted Hyypia here in the first place and going by recent games and friendlies nothing changes for me i'm afraid. If he walked i'll be happy - sorry.
But everything else is a major concern. We have ripped the heart out of our squad. It's all depressing seeing players sold on and nothing coming in.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Basically, if Sami walks now that's more of a reflection on him than it is on us. The last two managers left and it's always the clubs fault in some way, never that managers constantly expect us to change our long term strategy to bow to their short term needs.

Right now, I am genuinely unconcerned. I'll hold judgement off until Sept 1st.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Rumour is now gathering pace that Sami has offered his resignation, just a rumour but my question is..............................If this is true what does this tell you about Barber, Bloom and Burke? And the state of our beloved club is in?

Again. It.Is.A.Rumour. That means someone, somewhere has said it. Nothing more. So it doesn't tell us anything about anything because it's something someone has made up.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
the-end-is-near.jpg

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Basically, if Sami walks now that's more of a reflection on him than it is on us. The last two managers left and it's always the clubs fault in some way, never that managers constantly expect us to change our long term strategy to bow to their short term needs.

Why?

Were you privy to what they were told at interviews

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm ecstatic. I reckon with the squad we currently have we could have the league wrapped up by February and then give the kids a go for the reamining months. We'll let the first team back in for the FA Cup final though.

We don't even need any new players. Or a manager.

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
Concerned, but there is still time to bring players in.

However the fact we haven't up to now does worry me. I'm hanging on to there being a plan and it's being worked on. To have taken so much out the squad without replacement is surprising, in my opinion.

Never expected the situation we're in now though.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

Are you for real?

I bet you were this blaze when the Goldstone was sold from under our feet as well.

Open your eyes and smell the coffee will you

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
I am really worried, why is it taking so long to get replacements in, there can only be one man at fault and it has to be Burke.
He obviously has no charisma or charm unlike the good old days with Gus who could get players like Vicente, Burke can only seem to get players like Lita, Obika and Agustien

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My honest opinion is..........This thread (like many others is just over 2 weeks too early).

I may well be very disappointed on 1 September but until then I will keep my powder dry.

This is not a pop at the OP, who joined Sep 2011 but a general comment to all the NSCers/post Withdeaners* who are starting 100s of these threads on the same subject.

* Oh and a few of the usual trolls who have been here for years. (YOU know WHO you are). :facepalm:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If Sami walked now then I don't know how anyone could claim that there weren't some serious problems at the club. But he hasn't, so it's just a rumour, and I'm happy to wait until 1st Sep before making a judgement.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
I never wanted Hyypia here in the first place and going by recent games and friendlies nothing changes for me i'm afraid. If he walked i'll be happy - sorry.
But everything else is a major concern. We have ripped the heart out of our squad. It's all depressing seeing players sold on and nothing coming in.

Do you not think that this could be the reason of poor performances rather than the Manager?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Do you not think that this could be the reason of poor performances rather than the Manager?

It doesn't stop you having a pattern or a certain style to your game.I haven't seen anything from us. Infact i would say the players are playing with no confidence. We have been appalling to watch and yet Hyypia says we are getting better.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Why?

Were you privy to what they were told at interviews

No but where's the benefit of lying in an interview? By all accounts we had a lot of interest so transparent lies that would be quickly disproved would be pointless, no?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Are you for real?

I bet you were this blaze when the Goldstone was sold from under our feet as well.

Open your eyes and smell the coffee will you

Comparing the two is frankly ridiculous. The club is not being sent down the river and I'm pretty sure we just bought a ground and training complex, unless I'm mistaken of course and both have in fact been sold to ruthless property investors?

And how will opening my eyes help me smell coffee?

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
My honest opinion is..........This thread (like many others is just over 2 weeks too early).

I may well be very disappointed on 1 September but until then I will keep my powder dry.

This is not a pop at the OP, who joined Sep 2011 but a general comment to all the NSCers/post Withdeaners* who are starting 100s of these threads on the same subject.

* Oh and a few of the usual trolls who have been here for years. (YOU know WHO you are). :facepalm:

Why would joining in Sep 2011 have any relevance to my post? Are you saying i am a JCL???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here