Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A New Era (There's probably already threads on this)

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
With Buckley gone most of the players that have been first teamers for the first three seasons at the AMEX have gone, this really does make it feel like the end of an era, the optimism and sheer disbelief of the AMEX, has faded away and it really is believable that it is the club's home, the team of so nearly's in terms of promotion are being dismantled and the legacy of the Poyet era is gradually fading away.

One thing I can hope and I'm sure many others on here can hope, is that the next era, which seems set to begin when we make some more signings is a more successful one, we may not finish well this season but in the future with a category 1 academy churning out talent from the brand new, amazing training ground, the club can push for promotion, maybe not via the playoffs, but to win the league, and establish ourselves in the premier league, and stay up there for a long time, unfortunately it seems fairly likely that we'll come down eventually, but when that does happen, it will be the start of a new era

(sorry for the extremely dramatic speech, I just like putting things into perspective)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
All the while clubs get parachute payments we are dreaming if we think we'll win the league. Play offs is only real chance IMO.
Only teams to really buck that were Cardiff & QPR who were backed by rich owners prepared to risk everything. Bloom isn't. Which is his prerogative.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
All the while clubs get parachute payments we are dreaming if we think we'll win the league. Play offs is only real chance IMO.
Only teams to really buck that were Cardiff & QPR who were backed by rich owners prepared to risk everything. Bloom isn't. Which is his prerogative.

I didn't mean this season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here