Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disillusioned

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
Am I the only one that has become completely Disillusioned with what's going on at the Albion? 3 years in a row now our start to a season has been a complete shambles...I'm sick of watching very dull football and I'm sick of seeing our best players leave and being replaced by inferior quality or not being replaced full stop. Furthermore with rumour rife that Sami is really unhappy and has offered his resignation suggests that the club is in turmoil. I have not renewed my season ticket for the first time in many years which grieves me greatly as I love my club, but I'm not prepared to pay another £600 which is a top end price for the championship to watch poor football. You wouldn't pay for fillet steak and accept braising in return would you?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Am I the only one that has become completely Disillusioned with what's going on at the Albion? 3 years in a row now our start to a season has been a complete shambles...I'm sick of watching very dull football and I'm sick of seeing our best players leave and being replaced by inferior quality or not being replaced full stop. Furthermore with rumour rife that Sami is really unhappy and has offered his resignation suggests that the club is in turmoil. I have not renewed my season ticket for the first time in many years which grieves me greatly as I love my club, but I'm not prepared to pay another £600 which is a top end price for the championship to watch poor football. You wouldn't pay for fillet steak and accept braising in return would you?

That's pretty much how I see it and not renewed either

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Am I the only one that has become completely Disillusioned with what's going on at the Albion? 3 years in a row now our start to a season has been a complete shambles...I'm sick of watching very dull football and I'm sick of seeing our best players leave and being replaced by inferior quality or not being replaced full stop. Furthermore with rumour rife that Sami is really unhappy and has offered his resignation suggests that the club is in turmoil. I have not renewed my season ticket for the first time in many years which greaves me greatly as I love my club, but I'm not prepared to pay another £600 which is a top end price for the championship to watch poor football. You wouldn't pay for fillet steak and accept braising in return would you?

We weren't that good last season. Poyet football was overall very good. We're yet to find out how good we are this season, give him a chance!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes. Yes you are.

I can't believe no-one else has mentioned it yet...

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
$_57.JPG

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

A few points to note:

1. The transfer window does not close until August 31st, and our pattern over the past few seasons has been to leave a lot of our activity until the last minute (Lopez, Orlandi, Vicente etc).

2. Our best players have all been sold for decent money. The philosophy of the club is to not stand in a player or manager's way if a top division club shows an interest. Personally, I think that's the right approach to note.

3. The 'rumour' about Sami being unhappy is just that, it's a rumour.

4. Our 'very dull' football got us once again within a whisker of the Premier League.

5. If you've really decided to not renew your ST based on your reason's stated then you'll not be missed.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

That was quite entertaining. Completely bollocks, but still entertaining.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Last season was some of the worst football I have ever seen. However I thought we were consistently good and sometimes excellent under Poyet. At times playing Premiership football. That was because we had players who had played at the higher level and a VERY ambitious manager.
We will never know but imagine if Poyet had been given some money to build on our 12/13 team.
Slowly we have less and less of those players.
The only mistake Bloom made IMO was getting Poyet's replacement very wrong, Garcia and Jones were a disaster for the team/club. Having almost the exact same personnel as Poyet they set the playing style back years. Worryingly one is very much still here.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Last season was some of the worst football I have ever seen. However I thought we were consistently good and sometimes excellent under Poyet. At times playing Premiership football. That was because we had players who had played at the higher level and a VERY ambitious manager.
We will never know but imagine if Poyet had been given some money to build on our 12/13 team.
Slowly we have less and less of those players.
The only mistake Bloom made IMO was getting Poyet's replacement very wrong, Garcia and Jones were a disaster for the team/club. Having almost the exact same personnel as Poyet they set the playing style back years. Worryingly one is very much still here.

Didn't go to Gillingham then.... that was without doubt the worst.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Am I the only one that has become completely Disillusioned with what's going on at the Albion?

Clearly not - check the million other threads dancing around this same subject

3 years in a row now our start to a season has been a complete shambles...

It's 2 really isn't it? The end to the season has been our big problem the last two years, eh?

I'm sick of watching very dull football and I'm sick of seeing our best players leave and being replaced by inferior quality or not being replaced full stop.

You might be supporting the wrong club, seriously. Our best players will always leave. If you think the football under GP was dull, I shudder to think what you made of Jimmy Case's team.

Furthermore with rumour rife that Sami is really unhappy and has offered his resignation suggests that the club is in turmoil ?

A rumour isn't RIFE, he hasn't offered his resignation, we aren't in turmoil

I have not renewed my season ticket for the first time in many years which grieves me greatly as I love my club, but I'm not prepared to pay another £600 which is a top end price for the championship to watch poor football. ?

Fair play, at least you've done something about it beyond whingeing on an internet message board. Nice one.

You wouldn't pay for fillet steak and accept braising in return would you?

What if the braising steak assured me that it was going to turn into Wagyu Beef in around 3 years time? I might then.

You are aware that no one is forcing you to go to football. Sounds like a break might do you good.

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
You're welcome to your opinion Brian...We scraped into the play offs by a miracle.. Our football was dire! Look at the fact's Brian, we have managed to come from behind twice in 3 seasons! That show's how poor we are. What other clubs with ambition to get promoted sells all their best players and hope to recruit some inferior players a month later and in the mean time play a very weakened team? Yes, Sami is a rumour.. I've watched the Albion since 1977 home and away.. If you think I won't be missed for being honest then you are as deluded as the club and I believe they will feel the full force of the damage that has been done by the amount of season ticket cancellations next season. BTW, it hurts me to write anything derogatory about the club I love but I'm facing facts and relaying my feelings.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

What a magnificent post. You're definitely the ONLY person who is disillusioned and decided to express it on NSC. I'm just back from holiday and I've TRAWLED the first ten pages and all I can see is thread after thread of naiive unconfined joy.

And you're absolutely right, we're definitely in utter "turmoil" having played two games and only won one of them. If only we'd started worse than this last season, you'd probably be better placed to temper your bedwetting instincts.

Oh.

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
Dear OP , How many frigging times do you think we all wanna see the same moaning crap??? if you don't wanna be a fan then P*** off , we all know that you newbie fans will come and go, so do it , why the f*** you think we all need to know about it is beyond me. By the way just so you know ,in the entire history of Brighton and Hove Albion, every player that has ever left has been replaced, it has always remained to be seen just how well,..thats the beauty of football my friend ,you have to get on the ride at the beginning and stay with it and just hope that those wonderful good times outweigh those miserable ones!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You're welcome to your opinion Brian...We scraped into the play offs by a miracle.. .

No we didn't. We scored more points than the other teams. That's how a league works

Our football was dire!

It wasn't great but dire is a little strong

Look at the fact's Brian, we have managed to come from behind twice in 3 seasons! That show's how poor we are.

How often have we lost from winning positions?

What other clubs with ambition to get promoted sells all their best players and hope to recruit some inferior players a month later and in the mean time play a very weakened team?

I'm not sure this was TB's plan at the AGM. "I know what I'll do, I'll risk my own investment by delivberately sabotaging the team. That'll really piss Brighton1 off

Yes, Sami is a rumour.. I've watched the Albion since 1977 home and away..

So why now then?

If you think I won't be missed for being honest then you are as deluded as the club and I believe they will feel the full force of the damage that has been done by the amount of season ticket cancellations next season. BTW, it hurts me to write anything derogatory about the club I love but I'm facing facts and relaying my feelings.

I genuinely hope you change your mind. Look at it again in early September. I implore you.

You do realise we're all in a similar boat. We're all a bit worried and postings like this make it worse. Take TB at his word, he said we will be competitive come the transfer window shutting. If he breaks that promise then we get angry, disillusioned. Chill out a bit.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here