Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money will we spend on tranfers before the end of the window?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
With the sales of Bridcutt, Barnes, Ulloa and Buckley this year, we could be looking at around £20M coming in.

But how much of that do you think we will spend between now and the end of the window?

I appreciate we have already spent some of that on Stephens, O'grady and Stockdale, but there is certainly plenty left over.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm sure it won't pan out like this, but with all the talk of living within our means, and only spending what we bring in, I would have (naively?) hoped that we would spend £20M.

We are being a sensible responsible club, only spending what we bring in. So £20M and no more.

Please...?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With the sales of Bridcutt, Barnes, Ulloa and Buckley this year, we could be looking at around £20M coming in.

But how much of that do you think we will spend between now and the end of the window?

I appreciate we have already spent some of that on Stephens, O'grady and Stockdale, but there is certainly plenty left over.

More like £14m in - not sure how you got to 20.

We've spent with fees, etc, probably £1m each on Stockdale and Stephens. We've also paid a signing on fee to Toko, and shelled out for improved long term contracts for Dunk, March, Ince and Forster-Caskey. All these things cost money.

I expect us to spend a further £5m this window.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
I don't understand why so much emphasis is placed on how much is spent.

I don't go to the shop thinking 'I must spend X amount to be satisfied. Instead I get what is needed at the best possible price.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I don't understand why so much emphasis is placed on how much is spent.

I don't go to the shop thinking 'I must spend X amount to be satisfied. Instead I get what is needed at the best possible price.

But if you haven't any food in doors then you'd spend wouldn't you.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
More like £14m in - not sure how you got to 20.

We've spent with fees, etc, probably £1m each on Stockdale and Stephens. We've also paid a signing on fee to Toko, and shelled out for improved long term contracts for Dunk, March, Ince and Forster-Caskey. All these things cost money.

I expect us to spend a further £5m this window.

Not that it really matters as we won't spend anywhere near what we've got in, but didn't Barber say that Bridders fee was quite a bit higher than was reported ? Understand what you mean about better contracts for Dunk,March etc.... but we've also offloaded the wages for Lopez, Orlandi, Brez, Rodriguez/Obika/Lita, Lingaard, Andrews & Hoskins that haven't been directly replaced (if you consider the replacements so far being Koosh/Stockdale, Bridcutt/Toko, Upson/Hughes, Barnes/O'Grady). There should be more than enough left in the pot to pay decent wages alongside fees where necessary assuming of course that the playing budget hasn't been reduced.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
10m on a super double deal for John Guidetti and Scott Sinclair. But in all seriousness, probably 2m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here