Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Finances

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Cracking stuff. They reckon we'd he better off financially without the Amex. Let's go back to Withdean then it'll be Premier League here we come!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
They do not know how we are going to reduce costs? Have they not seen the players we have shifted out recently? And I am sure that they would love 21k season ticket holders, whether they turn up to the games or not. Nigels, tut!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm surprised, nay shocked, at how concise and well researched their 'factual' account of our 'situation' seems to be. They seem to actually care about our forthcoming (and inevitable) downfall. Actually most of the contributions are significantly better informed and knowledgeable than many of the negative threads bouncing around this forum in recent weeks! I sense real genuine concern for the Albion, I'm touched to be honest, touched.

Kosh

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You've got to love these Nigels and their words of wisdom regarding our club Finances eh? It's quite amazing they can erase two administrations of there own but can lecture us.
To be honest i read about 30 secs and gave up. Same old tiresome shit.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Those Nigels certainly talk about us Tarquins, our Tampax and Dear Tony in a different light.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Some very interesting reading, although mostly by people who know no more than we do. One thing they are absolutely spot on with in my opinion, we are going to need Bloom to be around for a very long time.

Genuine question for those that know, what happens to the debt should anything happen to Tony Bloom?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i wonder who bloom is selling the club too,arabs,indians????:ffsparr:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
You do have to admit if any fans know about bad owners, robbing people of their money (1p in £1) and benifetting from it, then truly Palace fans do.
We also could end up in the Prem if we follow their financial track record.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Most of the posts on there seem reasonable for an outsiders view, many of the financial concerns raised seem legitimate, and many of the posters have reigned in their partisanship to a degree. What makes me laugh is how accountants have become the wise sages of the football forum, a sad reflection of how the naïve magic of football that we all grew up with has become a constant obsession with the balance sheet.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Some very interesting reading, although mostly by people who know no more than we do. One thing they are absolutely spot on with in my opinion, we are going to need Bloom to be around for a very long time.

Genuine question for those that know, what happens to the debt should anything happen to Tony Bloom?

A very interesting question but one that no one here is likely to know the answer to. I remember that when Matthew Harding died it was found out that the money he had "given" was actually a loan which should have been repaid after his death. I believe that his estate didn't call in the debt but if they had it would have been very tough for Chelsea.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

A good shareholders agreement will have this written into it.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Palace fans ought to know that going bust aids promotion.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
A good shareholders agreement will have this written into it.

Which may be bad news for the four who recently bought into the club. It is concerning that we appear to be having a fire sale at the moment; not of the proportions of Southampton, but worrying nonetheless.
£150m, whatever the amount is, is one hell of a lot of money, premier league or not. Ownership by middle easterners is not that far away.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
All minority investors will have drag & tag so it's pretty much out of their hands

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here