Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Woodingdean Seagull - Tony Langridge

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have the most dreadful news that Tony tonight lost his short battle against cancer and passed away peacefully at the martletts hospice this evening.

Tony, as most of you will know was the Chairman of REMF, a lifelong supporter of Brighton and Hove Albion, the energetic and enthusiastic organiser of the REMF golf day and ran the Prestonville Golf society.

He was quite simply the nicest guy have ever met and I was honoured that he was my best friend. We sat together at Withdean for many years and then at the Amex and he told me that he had a very aggressive form of cancer in the car on the way to the last game at Nottingham forest. I was devastated.

He has been in hospital the last few weeks and was moved to the Martletts yesterday.

I visited him twice, the last time this afternoon where I found him very weak, but still wanted to know about the game last night. He has the most fabulous family who were all there this afternoon.

That is all I can say at the moment.

May Tony rest in peace and I hope the family can come through this dreadful situation.

Dave Wilcock

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shocking news - an REMF great & one of our own. RIP Tony :(

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
RIP Tony. Time for us all to reflect...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am beyond devastated. I worked closely with Tony for 6 years and he made such a big differance to the REMF. Hundreds of kids all around the World are benefitting due to Tony and his work for the REMF. He was a special Man. A real Diamond. So sad

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
RIP Tony, one of the few NSC members I actually knew, a great guy, an excellent organiser and who can forget that last REMF Golf Day. His family were so supportive of him and who can forget that last auction?

Really do think the day should remain a REMF fund raiser but should be named in his honour?

RIP my friend.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Absolutely gutted, our little space in the North Stand is not gonna be the same :(
RIP Tony, you were a diamond.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Sad news. I didn't know him but any death is a terrible thing. RIP.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here