Tonight, 4 numbers pays £15

3 Numbers pays £25

5 numbers £105

Send for Branson? image.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As much as I would like to see Branson running a 'not for profit' lottery, this is just a freak result where a lot more people than usual won with 3 numbers, ie over 100,000 more than last Wednesday. Not sure how it would be different under Branson unless you removed the fixed win for 3 numbers.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
As much as I would like to see Branson running a 'not for profit' lottery, this is just a freak result where a lot more people than usual won with 3 numbers, ie over 100,000 more than last Wednesday. Not sure how it would be different under Branson unless you removed the fixed win for 3 numbers.

The whole Branson would have done it for free thing pissed me of. He would have made billions from having the lottery and a the cross selling he would have done.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Ever since they tinkered with it last year and brought in those £20,000 raffle prizes, the dividends, especially midweek have been shite. It was better before.

Having a bigger prize pool payout for three numbers than four makes a mockery of the whole thing. It was similar several weeks ago when three and four numbers both paid £25. This is even more farcical.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There were two "jackpot" winners, £360,076 each.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
You have 91% of battery at 9:23pm?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
To me it is a voluntary system that has raised £31billion for good causes, spread wealth to people in parts of the population where it wouldn't go ordinarily, and only 1% goes on profit taking, 4% to run it......key word,.... voluntary.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
To me it is a voluntary system that has raised £31billion for good causes, spread wealth to people in parts of the population where it wouldn't go ordinarily, and only 1% goes on profit taking, 4% to run it......key word,.... voluntary.

Surely the money is coming from where the wealth isn't?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Surely the money is coming from where the wealth isn't?
Its not just the working class that do the lottery.....some is some isn't.....at its basic level it is wealth being gathered and redistributed....... just like tax I guess.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well i stopped doing it a while ago...£2 for a ticket with a £2 million jackpot on a wednesday,taking the bloody piss,not surprised its had its day.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The purpose was always for it to go to good causes. I certainly don't see it as a tax, as the consumer has a choice, you either do it or you don't.

For me as soon as they put it up to £2 they were on to a loser.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Surely, it's not surprising that there was this hiccup with the lottery. The £25 four three numbers is a fixed 'come by me' rate and is paid no matter how many winners there are. You get three numbers (only) that's what you get. More numbers than that is divided by the number of winners.
Last evenings hiccup was caused simply because all six numbers were within the range from 1-30. Meaning all came under the popular selections of Birthdays and to a lesser extent house numbers. If you really want to win more you need to put at least one number in excess of 31 in your selections.
Now everyone knows I have no doubt reduced any future winnings I will receive, but I don't mind, because I'm nice and like to share......I'm also stooopid :)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The whole Branson would have done it for free thing pissed me of. He would have made billions from having the lottery and a the cross selling he would have done.

IMO this is very true. Richard Branson is hard to dislike, he always has a jovial smile on his face and a friendly countenance. But he's a sharp businessman who uses that smile to hide behind his extensive business acumen. Which unsurprisingly has nothing to do with being nice or generous.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here