Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did it start to go wrong?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sometime whilst Poyet was still here. We've been regressing since. I'm convinced if he'd stayed and a couple of tweaks to the squad we would have gone up last season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
around 20:35, 13 may 2013.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What was the turning point for the Albion,which factor started the events that has led us to the brink of disaster :moo:

Brink of disaster is a bit strong.....

I know you won't agree Rev, but it was when Poyet had his head turned. Slightly different point but the last game I enjoyed was Wolves at home.

Although Forest was great, it was a poor performance when considered in the cold light of day. Nothing impressed me under Oscar.......

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Something whilst Poyet was still here. We've been regressing since. I'm convinced if he'd stayed and a couple of tweaks to the squad we would have gone up last season.

He was always more ambitious than his boss. Fortunately for us, the boss won. Portsmouth is a good example of where the boss lost.We have regressed so much we now have a training complex and academy which will more than pay for itself in the future. This last couple of months have been a disappointment in terms of players out and players in, I agree.

BUT if we had kept Orlandi, Ullloa, PIG, Lopez etc would that have got us promoted?

Poyet failed to put out an exciting team in the Championship and most performances were boring. Loads of posts complained about our lack of shots on goal and sideways football.

I am not saying Sami will get us promoted, in fact he probably regrets coming here. We are not a Premiership team and probably never will be for long. Accept it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Football goes in cycles...we had two great opportunities to go up and facked them both up big time!!!
Now we're starting again,its that simple and a bit frustrating to say the least :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Brink of disaster is a bit strong.....

I know you won't agree Rev, but it was when Poyet had his head turned. Slightly different point but the last game I enjoyed was Wolves at home.

Although Forest was great, it was a poor performance when considered in the cold light of day. Nothing impressed me under Oscar.......

I was very lucky and flew over to see the home game V Leicester. Unfortunately I also saw the Barnsley debacle.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There was a distinct down turn about Christmas last year. Not when it first went wrong though.

Not as bad as selling Buckley though! Never envisaged when buying my season ticket. I thought we would have a left back as well. I feel cheated a bit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here