Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to calm down

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

I think we are just waiting for when the time is right, then we will swoop in and get the signings we need. Do you really think the board want to see us in League One which amounts to lower season ticket sales, fewer TV appearances. Tony wants the Premiership windfall which will set this club up.

We have come to far to go back down and we have only played one game in the league. I would be really shocked and I mean shocked if we don't get anyone in. Everyone thinks they know what is going on at the club, nobody has a clue really, everyone slowly getting worked up, even myself, time to calm down.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Don't be silly. This is just the start of it. I know for a fact that, before long, the club will be demanding that fans bring their firstborn to home games so that they can be sacrificed in the centre circle to ensure that CMS doesn't get injured again. If I hadn't sworn a vow of secrecy I would reveal my sauce too.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Don't be silly. This is just the start of it. I know for a fact that, before long, the club will be demanding that fans bring their firstborn to home games so that they can be sacrificed in the centre circle to ensure that CMS doesn't get injured again. If I hadn't sworn a vow of secrecy I would reveal my sauce too.

I told you not to say anything!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
People wanted major surgery to the squad as well as an overhaul, granted it isnt an ideal time - but surely its whats happening......

Well, provided we actually replace the players anyway, if this all pays off - it will be a master stroke by the club and a hell of a lot of posters on here will have egg on their faces and a large order of humble pie would be placed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
18 days left in the transfer window, the worry would be that the closer we get to deadline day, the prices being quoted and demanded no doubt will rise.

A couple of good wins in the meantime will do wonders for all.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm actually quite enjoying everyone work themselves up into a frenzy. Every extra second that passes when we haven't signed a player makes people go more and more bonkers. It's all rather amusing :lol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
People wanted major surgery to the squad as well as an overhaul, granted it isnt an ideal time - but surely its whats happening......

Well, provided we actually replace the players anyway, if this all pays off - it will be a master stroke by the club and a hell of a lot of posters on here will have egg on their faces and a large order of humble pie would be placed.

Not if, like me, you were and are saying these mythical replacements should have been brought in WELL BEFORE the season started.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think we are just waiting for when the time is right, then we will swoop in and get the signings we need. Do you really think the board want to see us in League One which amounts to lower season ticket sales, fewer TV appearances. Tony wants the Premiership windfall which will set this club up.

We have come to far to go back down and we have only played one game in the league. I would be really shocked and I mean shocked if we don't get anyone in. Everyone thinks they know what is going on at the club, nobody has a clue really, everyone slowly getting worked up, even myself, time to calm down.

I think we would all be shocked.

The trouble is we knew at the full-time whistle at Derby we needed a new more experienced left-back. It feels like we have fanny'd around all summer, and have now started the season still lacking in that position.

As for all the 'wait for 31st August brigade', basically nonsense. Not only are 5 games behind, any new players need to pick up the new tactics, which based on what I've seen so far the existing ones are struggling with. It cannot be a good policy to wait until the last moment and then catch up or wait for the premier league squads and go after loans.

At the start of the season ideally you should know who you are going with, until at least the next window. Any premier loans should complement what is in place, not be viewed as a solution.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Not if, like me, you were and are saying these mythical replacements should have been brought in WELL BEFORE the season started.

Yes, we can replace players like Buckley and Ulloa who left DURING pre-season BEFORE it actually started. I assume you know the full ins and outs of how the transfer process works then and what the club has been dealing with this Summer in terms of player recruitment. Just because things arent reported, doesnt mean nothing is happening.

simballs

Jun 11, 2012
Southwick
Any premier loans should complement what is in place, not be viewed as a solution.

This is exactly right. Spot on.
That is all....carry on.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

There is nothing wrong with playing the long game on some targets but as you say the squad has undergone a major cull of key players. Again nothing wrong with that but given the scale of that cull I would have expected the club to have made a number of those replacements by now with the finishing touches completed at the close of the window.

As it stands we still have somewhere close to a 3rd of the starting 11 to replace and bed in. If these happen on the last day we are 5 games in without these players and the same again to settle them in the side.

Since the purse strings have been tightened we have also struggled in the transfer window so I can understand some fans becoming anxious about the lack of incoming players especially when our prize assets are now all with other clubs.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

These posts crack me up. Egg on faces? Humble pie? Why? I'm sure there will be not a single fan gutted that we've made some quality signings by September 1st, and I doubt many will care happily admitting they were wrong, or underestimated the club.

Those who are concerned don't HATE the club you know, we care too, we're just not as blissfully optimistic as others.

Aug 15, 2003
Falkirk, Scotland
It looks to me as 'someone' in the club has decided to have major overhaul of the squad. Clearly in the last 2 seasons we weren't good enough for promotion let alone to stay in the premiership. This so happens to co-incide with FFP.

We have managed to clear out players with good transfer fees (still within contract) and the higher paid ones, some of who have managed to attract other clubs such as Upson and others who have yet to get another club, probably due to the wages, sign on fees they are demanding.

There is loads of work to do, but I expect to see some great players arrive before the end of August, although some may not appear until the winter transfer window. I expect an average season this year, but a real push next season for the premiership. The only issue we have are the clubs with the relegation windfall payments, although most of these clubs seem unable to use this wisely either to keep their existing best players or to rebuild.

The present squad is so much better than most years I have watched the team. Do you really think Tony Bloom doesn't want to see us in the premiership (for at least one season) and survive financially?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When I read a thread like this I do wonder if the OP is just trying to convince himself that everything is rosy in the BHAFC garden.

D

Deleted member 22389

It looks to me as 'someone' in the club has decided to have major overhaul of the squad. Clearly in the last 2 seasons we weren't good enough for promotion let alone to stay in the premiership. This so happens to co-incide with FFP.

We have managed to clear out players with good transfer fees (still within contract) and the higher paid ones, some of who have managed to attract other clubs such as Upson and others who have yet to get another club, probably due to the wages, sign on fees they are demanding.

There is loads of work to do, but I expect to see some great players arrive before the end of August, although some may not appear until the winter transfer window. I expect an average season this year, but a real push next season for the premiership. The only issue we have are the clubs with the relegation windfall payments, although most of these clubs seem unable to use this wisely either to keep their existing best players or to rebuild.

The present squad is so much better than most years I have watched the team. Do you really think Tony Bloom doesn't want to see us in the premiership (for at least one season) and survive financially?

I agree. Let the other clubs spend. New players are like new toys, people get bored and when it doesn't work out people want more players. Every club has a ceiling thou. We are being sensible and seeing how things pan out, and then we will hopefully swoop. We also need to get the right ones. Yes its frustrating, but the waiting game is better. There are going to be lots of players desperate for a club. One player doesn't make a team.

D

Deleted member 22389

When I read a thread like this I do wonder if the OP is just trying to convince himself that everything is rosy in the BHAFC garden.

But things are rosey. We have a stadium and a new training ground. Some clubs have none of this. Nobody has said that we are not getting any players. Tony bloom said we would be very happy with the signings by the end of august. I believe the man.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013

With current squad the chances of relegation are obviously high, TB is doing what he knows, gambling, if it comes off great, but the odds are not good.
At this stage of the window the remaining players fall into 3 categories, the unaffordable, the mercenary holding out for the best wage who will have no desire other than expanding his and his agents bank balance, and lastly those who nobody actually wants.
Before you all jump on me I'd like to point out that I'm still a fan and always will be, just I'm a little concerned that the suits who run our great club are gambling rather too heavily at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here