Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Width

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
3 home games incl Soton friendly & it's been clearly obvious we need more width - and at least one winger, yet Sami doesn't seem to see this!

Kaz looked much better when he was wide with the ball yesterday!

Is it obvious to everyone else as well or is it just me?!

Thoughts NSC!

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
100%, loads of space Saturday not exploited but its been that way for over a year, so frustrating kaz kept coming inside on Saturday and looked poor

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
dosent look like we will play with wingers, the full back are now the players doing this role.

im prepared to give it time

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
100%, loads of space Saturday not exploited but its been that way for over a year, so frustrating kaz kept coming inside on Saturday and looked poor

Didn't think it was as bad last yr. We often played 1 winger, certainly wider than Sami is. It's ok saying the fullbacks do it but they were last yr and yrs before - point is we need to attack in numbers down the wing - overlapping fullbacks etc. it's clearly not working at the mo!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

3 home games incl Soton friendly & it's been clearly obvious we need more width - and at least one winger, yet Sami doesn't seem to see this!

Thoughts NSC!

In what we assume is his favoured formation, the the full-backs will do this job, although the game vs Wednesday showed that they might not have the desirable attributes to do this. This means that Lua Lua will tuck inside, but I also agree that this is not his strength reciving the ball with his back to goal..his best moments come with space to run in, when he can use short bursts of pace. Last night Cheltenham played with 3 big centre backs which did then cry out for more width, but chciksen and calderon were a little cautious as were Chelteham in terms of not leaving that space open. 2nd half there was more pace about our play whoch helped, and Kaz in a wider position that allowed him to attack tiring centre backs and wing-backs was perfect. Challenge for Sami in short term is to stick with plan A to get players absolutely bought into it, and buy more who can play it more naturally, or find a new formation that fits the players we have. I guess the transfer window will help him decide what to do...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must say I am not impressed with this system with the players that we have as our midfielders and full backs are too slow to get back to cover. If we had players like Elliott Bennett possibly but not our existing players but lets wait and see who we sign before making final judgement.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Thoughts NSC!

There was a bloody great open space on the right wing.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The formation last night wasn't the same as Saturday and the lack of width with a midfield diamond was even worse.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Thoughts NSC!

Agree, however I am convinced LuLu offers SO much more as an impact sub. Not sure he'll be too chuffed with that thought, but it is how I see it. For me he transforms games that appear to be going nowhere against tiring defences and creates chances not dreamed of during the first hour or whatever.
When he starts he simply seems less effective.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hopefully it improves from Saturday (surely it has to!) but no pace and no width bar the full backs is not great in my view.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here