Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for the club to speak to the fans

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Following on from last weeks fans forum and the request for patience etc we have now seen another player sold and no new faces in. Granted we were told to wait until end if August but the amount of concern expressed by fans leads me to think a communication from the club would be prudent at this stage.

And say what? Well anything that would help to quell the threats of cancelling direct debits and show the fans that they are working in it.

The silent approach is correct but reaching out to fans and showing loyalty is equally as vital.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Following on from last weeks fans forum and the request for patience etc we have now seen another player sold and no new faces in. Granted we were told to wait until end if August but the amount of concern expressed by fans leads me to think a communication from the club would be prudent at this stage.

And say what? Well anything that would help to quell the threats of cancelling direct debits and show the fans that they are working in it.

The silent approach is correct but reaching out to fans and showing loyalty is equally as vital.

Chill out dude. You're getting worked up like a whirlwind because of NSC. You already answered your own question, it's the bold bit.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I know it sounds daft as they will be unable to say anything but I think it's worth cooling us all down a bit.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'll do it for you,

'The Club have had offers they can't refuse on certain players and so chose to sell Ulloa, Buckley etc. However we are committed to bringing in replacements and are working tirelessly to do so.'

Feel any better?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I'll do it for you, 'The Club have had offers they can't refuse on certain players and so chose to sell Ulloa, Buckley etc. However we are committed to bringing in replacements and are working tirelessly to do so'. Feel any better?

Can you but it on bhafc letterhead. I won't accept it unless you do

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I suggest we all wait till the end of August/ early September and the end of the loan window before we have kittens.
I agree the squad is thin. 20 senior players i count when Buckley leaves. 3 of these are goal keepers and that leaves 17 outfield players. These in term include Augustin and Maksimenko. So a waste of space and a guy who is unlikely to get a game. With Stephens out for the foreseeable future (6 weeks still is rumoured) and Toko still not 100% fit we do need some additions. 20 is currently the smallest in the championship.
There is still time though to get some good players/players through he door

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They can speak to us when announcing the signing of someone, hopefully a very decent striker.

If not we'll just get the 'working hard behind the scenes' message, so little point.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I am close to cancelling my season-ticket. Doubtless, I am not alone in resenting what appears to be a conspiracy of silence from the club and a drip-feed of misinformation from The Argus. Why will the club not comment on the relentless selling of any player of ours that makes us competitive at Championship level and gives us a chance of being promoted? We fans no do not have a right to know the minutiae of the club’s operations, but, surely, we deserve an explanation for the squad’s rapid, and continuing, diminution in size and quality.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Relax, chill and save moaning till the end of the month.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'll be very eager to get a response from the club in September if we've not signed a replacement for Ulloa, Ward, Orlandi & now Buckley. I would be utterly shocked if the replacements aren't in by then. I'll also be a little surprised if we sign anyone before Aug 31st although we might need too with another injury or two.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I am close to cancelling my season-ticket. Doubtless, I am not alone in resenting what appears to be a conspiracy of silence from the club and a drip-feed of misinformation from The Argus. Why will the club not comment on the relentless selling of any player of ours that makes us competitive at Championship level and gives us a chance of being promoted? We fans no do not have a right to know the minutiae of the club’s operations, but, surely, we deserve an explanation for the squad’s rapid, and continuing, diminution in size and quality.

Goodbye, you won't be missed. Somewhere in there I think you called yourself a "fan" - I think not.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Those thinking of cancelling their direct debit should know that it comes with a 12 month contract. You may not be able to get out of it without v paying the remainder of the contract! Best bet is to see what happens by the end of August. I want players now but unfortunately that is not the albion way!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I don't think it's needed. Anyone who thinks Bloom, Burke and Barber are simply sat around twiddling their thumbs, waiting for the transfer window to hurry up and shut, so we can continue on with our current squad is a moron.

They are obviously trying to improve the squad and I don't think we need an email or message on the website telling us this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here