Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travelling Community lifestyle

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I can't get my head around doing something like that. You'd have thought that a community such as theirs which has virtually universal bad feelings towards it would be doing all they could to try and repair their reputation.

I've got no time for them.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
A group of Irish travellers up here have been playing cat and mouse with the local council and recently turned up in some fields next to a play park near my house.

The next day huge piles of rubbish appeared strewn around the playing fields and thrown into a stream. The park is a 2 minute drive to the nearest tip so God knows why they felt the need to dump it in an area regularly used by children. Not the way to endear yourselves to the local population!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Because we are an offshore rubbish tip for the world:moo:

No doubt the Police were there to oversee the eviction by council officials, why not larger numbers of coppers and arrest ALL the travellers, and confiscate their vehicles in the short term?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Have worked in a couple of small stores in Patcham (Co-op, and a Newsagents) whilst back from University in the past. Had nothing but bad experiences from them, the amount of stuff stolen from small local businesses was alarming, including the old Starns store in Patcham being done over while a 70 year old lady was in charge.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I can't get my head around doing something like that. You'd have thought that a community such as theirs which has virtually universal bad feelings towards it would be doing all they could to try and repair their reputation.

I've got no time for them.

Somehow I don't think they give a shit what the rest of the world thinks.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
If we keep convicting them, they will have zero respect for the land.

We should designate more places they can legally stay, with the law changed so they can be moved on more easily where they can cause damage to public or environmental spaces.

not sure if fishing, but ill bite

so do we not have enough spaces here in east Sussex? yet they still rock up where they want!

they will park where they want until, as mentioned above, we make trespassing illegal and prosecute them

so, in answer to your post

Behave

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here