Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
looked really peeved off on player during the after match interview.I think he's been sold a pup by management.
In fairness he has a right to feel let down,best players being transferred,not much incoming and struggling to get a team together.I just hope he doesn't go the same way as the best players and leave.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Haven't seen the interview but it seems he isn't that passionate on the touch line etc as it's not in his manner
Or is it his way of getting a foot in the door for another job in English football if he gets us to decent position on a shoestring budget ???

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Haven't seen the interview but it seems he isn't that passionate on the touch line etc as it's not in his manner
Or is it his way of getting a foot in the door for another job in English football if he gets us to decent position on a shoestring budget ???

He has said as much himself. He will rarely be charging around on the touchline or screaming and shouting. He also said don t mistake this for a lack of passion. He just does it in a different way

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I feel sorry for Sami, seemingly brought here under false pretenses, wouldn't be surprised if he walked by the end of August if the player recruitment shambles isn't sorted, wouldn't blame him either.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Has anyone ever seen Kimi Räikkönen or Mika Häkkinen interviewed?

Finnish people seem to be the most dour nation on the planet so i don't think you can read to much into Sami's interview.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
He came over like someone who will do it his way he has Jones to jump up down on the line some managers like to concentrate on the game some sit up in the Stands. Give the boy a chance.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Finnish people seem to be the most dour nation on the planet so i don't think you can read to much into Sami's interview.

I think I saw Mike Hakkinnen smile once, but it might just have been wind.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I honestly believe the club can not mess up for the third time with another manager wanting to leave the club due to the lack of their targets and the reason why they are taking so long in getting it right this season.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Sami has not been bought here under false pretences. Sami is not about to walk.

I refer you to the fans forum...

Sami interrupted johnnyc to make his point that he had never been this involved in transfers when in the bundesliga. In other words, he is part of the recruiting team.

Secondly, he said he had no idea how difficult it is. In other words, he is not blaming B, B OR B.

He is Finnish, they don't use 100 words when 1 will do (opposite of me unfortunately).

Everything else, the stadium, the training ground, the budget will be exactly the same, if not more, than discussed when hired. He also didn't know at that point the the academy would get the highest score in the country.

Apart from getting the stadium approved and built. This is the biggest achievement for BHAFC in modern times.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I think the club hired him for a reason. He's a yes-man, like Oscar. He'll get quietly pissed off, but he'll never kick off like Gus did about lack of ambition with investment into the playing squad.

I think you`ll find he`s probably everything but a YES man.
Which is why he seems to pissed off.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

That's a fair point. He sounded like Arnie on Morphine on the Radio interview

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can't believe people come up with this bullsh*t!

You can tell just by the look on his face that he's been lied to and hates it here, nothing at all to do with his general mannerisms is it! :facepalm:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
As others have said, the Finns are generally about as deadpan as you can find. They rarely smile, and don't actually talk very much in social groups, and when they do, there is little in the way of banter or chitchat. It sounds like a stereotype, but having visited Finland for work several times, I can confirm that there does seem to be something in it. They do, however, have quite a dry, black sense of humour, especially after a few drinks.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think the club hired him for a reason. He's a yes-man, like Oscar. He'll get quietly pissed off, but he'll never kick off like Gus did about lack of ambition with investment into the playing squad.

I think you have got the 'yes man' totally wrong....as has been said he is not the type to rant and rave..it's just not his way ..he has said so himself...but they guy obviously has his own views and ambition ...I honestly don't think he is anyone's fool....maybe you should give it some time

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
I think you have got the 'yes man' totally wrong....as has been said he is not the type to rant and rave..it's just not his way ..he has said so himself...but they guy obviously has his own views and ambition ...I honestly don't think he is anyone's fool....maybe you should give it some time

I agree we need to give it time but do you seriously believe he would of accepted the job knowing now what he does ( No Ulloa, No Buckley & No sight of any quality signings) ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here