Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beam Backs

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If BHAFC offered regular beam backs of matches at the Amex would this curtail your away trips or would you still travel to as many games as you do now?

Would other supporters (who don't travel to away matches) attend the beam backs if they were priced at normal match day prices as if you was at an away game?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I would lvoe to go to the AMEX for a beamback. However, paying a normal match day price is a definite no for me. I wouldn't pay £30 to watch a match on tele

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I thought that beam backs (when they've happened in the past at places like Selhurst) were a) cheaper than normal match tickets and b) only used when demand significantly outstrips supply?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Would be way more cost-effective to offer beambacks of away matches via Seagulls Player.

I think that will happen down the line. The only drawback would be more than one person could watch the game on your screen so impacting revenue.

But I would like that to happen for sure.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
I thought that beam backs (when they've happened in the past at places like Selhurst) were a) cheaper than normal match tickets and b) only used when demand significantly outstrips supply?

You are correct of course. But I would think it's a potential revenue generator for Championship clubs (for matches not televised live) within the next few years. Maybe an *away* season ticket to watch beam backs could be introduced, involving less of a financial burden?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think that will happen down the line. The only drawback would be more than one person could watch the game on your screen so impacting revenue.

But I would like that to happen for sure.

I think you're right that it will happen down the line. For sure, more than one person could watch the game on your screen, but at the same time you could tap into the revenue potential of the global army of ex-pat Seagulls fans.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think you're right that it will happen down the line. For sure, more than one person could watch the game on your screen, but at the same time you could tap into the revenue potential of the global army of ex-pat Seagulls fans.

Good point. Also, more than one person watching online is still better than no one watching or paying

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I believe Football League rules have changed and now permit beam backs on midweek games if the two clubs involved are geographically disparate.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I remember the old days (1980's) when the first live games were shown on TV and it was the end of the World (football wise) as we knew it.

Actually, they weren't too wrong were they?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If BHAFC offered regular beam backs of matches at the Amex would this curtail your away trips or would you still travel to as many games as you do now?

Would other supporters (who don't travel to away matches) attend the beam backs if they were priced at normal match day prices as if you was at an away game?

With the Leeds game on a beam back would you shell out £36 at The Amex to get in because they've made it a Category A game at Elland Road ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Good idea for big games or when the away allocation is sold out but otherwise it just sounds like a slippery slope to start deterring away fans. There was a great piece in When Saturday Comes a few months back about a number of Prem clubs starting to squeeze them out when possible. I guess they must be an inconvenient bunch, not spending money in your club shop.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I would have thought £10 would be the max that people would be prepared to pay - good idea for these mid week fixtures miles away.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes if that was the price point, but not for every game.

But hopefully it will be less than a full match day price.

I think the club would have to price it at a point where fans would turn up in sufficient numbers to encourage them to spend extra on booze and food. £10 including a pint and pie meal deal (or kids meal deal) ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can't say I would be bothered with a 50 miles round trip when I can listen at home for free and have a drink while I'm listening, different maybe if it was a big game like the Palace one a couple of year's ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here