Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC so far this season errmm this week.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Awful reading. Awful. I'm utterly aghast by the innumerate negative threads, the seeming capitulation in terms of support. I'll Judge the club (squad) in September, which I think is fair enough but now?!? I'm staggered.

Some of the laughable contributions during last nights match thread were utterly depressing, people hoping we'd lose to "wake up the suits etc." WTF?!? I don't get it, the three B's have laid down the marker i.e. the end of the transfer window is when to judge the squad, do you think we can we give it more than 2 competitive games before we throw the toys out?!?

God help us all if we don't utterly demolish the Brum this weekend, because nothing short of a resounding 5-0 will seemingly do.

I especially loathe the "the club are in deep financial trouble" statement and the "fire sale" comments, yep £8M for an untested top level striker and £3M for a guy who plays once a month constitutes a clear panic sale mentality . Often it's when to sell that is the key to long term success, Ulloa wanted to go as I suspect has Mr Buckley, especially since Gus rocked up at Sunderland. The time to let the Gus era go is nigh.

I'm reserving judgement for a couple of weeks yet. I sincerely hope the club are cooking up some serious quantities of humble pie to dish out to certain contributors to this forum.

I'm seething with some of your impudence... I, however, choose to live in hope and not to jump into bed with fear.

Kosh

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Awful reading. Awful. I'm utterly aghast by the innumerate negative threads, the seeming capitulation in terms of support. I'll Judge the club (squad) in September, which I think is fair enough but now?!? I'm staggered.

Some of the laughable contributions during last nights match thread were utterly depressing, people hoping we'd lose to "wake up the suits etc." WTF?!? I don't get it, the three B's have laid down the marker i.e. the end of the transfer window is when to judge the squad, do you think we can we give it more than 2 competitive games before we throw the toys out?!?

God help us all if we don't utterly demolish the Brum this weekend, because nothing short of a resounding 5-0 will seemingly do.

I especially loathe the "the club are in deep financial trouble" statement and the "fire sale" comments, yep £8M for an untested top level striker and £3M for a guy who plays once a month constitutes a clear panic sale mentality . Often it's when to sell that is the key to long term success, Ulloa wanted to go as I suspect has Mr Buckley, especially since Gus rocked up at Sunderland. The time to let the Gus era go is nigh.

I'm reserving judgement for a couple of weeks yet. I sincerely hope the club are cooking up some serious quantities of humble pie to dish out to certain contributors to this forum.

I'm seething with some of your impudence... I, however, choose to live in hope and not to jump into bed with fear.

Kosh

are you pissed?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I personally don't give a wobbly tit what you think.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The more and more dealings I have with the club, the more inept they seem to be. From the catering to the slogan to the running down of the first team. I don't blame people for being negative. It's been a while since the club have given supporters something to shout about.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some posters love nothing more than to have a good moan, so they are in their element at the moment with what they perceive is a difficult situation. I saw posts in the match thread hoping that we would lose last night to teach the board a lesson. What??

Instead of bed wetters, I think we should have a spoon award for the most stirring done by a poster because there is a fair bit of stirring going on too.

670px-Spoons-intro.jpg

Kosh

For those of us who have supported & watched the club from the Goldstone days, I expect the reaction to your thread will be the glass is still half full. However, anyone coming on board since The Amex move will see things differently - as undoubtedly where we are today, our squad etc is probably at its worst in 3 years ...............

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?306675-**-BHA-v-Birmingham-**-Score-Predictor

Positive & Negative scores welcomed on the Predictor!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Kosh

Apologies for disagreeing with you. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
For those of us who have supported & watched the club from the Goldstone days, I expect the reaction to your thread will be the glass is still half full. However, anyone coming on board since The Amex move will see things differently - as undoubtedly where we are today, our squad etc is probably at its worst in 3 years ...............

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?306675-**-BHA-v-Birmingham-**-Score-Predictor

Having sat on wobbly metal scaffolding in the wind and rain, the glass is still very close to full! There is a generational thing here. There is a stoicism which only comes from living through a few ups and a few downs and it cannot be taught to [or expected from] someone who has only lived in good times.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

However I think some of the people from the Goldstone days are also feeling a bit let down by the club due to the lack of communication from the club

It appears that everything has gone from small to big too quickly and the club have not been able to keep up with the Staff they employ, the food that is output, the money for players etc etc.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011

Kosh

Listen here :stupid:

The reason everybody is up in arms is due to the fact the football club 2 seasons ago were a team near on capable of being promoted almost automatically.

We then sold several players the following season ( Barnes, El Abd & Bridcutt to name 3) without replacing them with players of equal ability, then last season after another successful season of reaching the play offs with a weaker team than the season before we decide to release 7/8 players of whom all played in the starting 11 (One of these was our talismanic striker who we sold for £8 million).

People are in panic because they have given up their time and their money to commit to watching the Albion at home this season, the club might have a few struggles financially but so do the supporters who part with there season ticket money each season.

All these people want is honesty from the club.

If we sign 2 players before the end of the window then in Tony Blooms words we have a MORE competitive squad than before the window closed

No clarification from the club on expectations this season.

Did Tony Bloom say we would have a team more competitive than last season? Answer = No

Has Tony Bloom said (And i point out that Barber already stated we do not need to sell to satisfy FFP) that the money from any sales would be fully re-invested in the team? Answer = No

We are being feed spin after spin after spin and we have had enough

I would be happy if they actually said sorry guys but we need to rebuild completely from scratch and that will take a couple of season so we will be happy to finish mid table ( I know they won't say this as they 1. want bums on seats and 2. if we bluffed our way into the plays offs then claim that was our target all along).

How can any club have a list of targets and not signed one of them.

IMHO they are taking a gamble on securing players in a fire sale due to FFP that is still some way off and maybe to late for us to compete at the top of the division and people may have walked away by then.

Just saying............

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
The issue with waiting til sept to evaluate the squad is the transfer window shuts in August. Bloom doesn't like loans generally and they should be used to supplement what we have!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well said, Spadge. Agree with every word.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People are in panic because they have given up their time and their money to commit to watching the Albion at home this season, the club might have a few struggles financially but so do the supporters who part with there season ticket money each season.

No clarification from the club on expectations this season.

Did Tony Bloom say we would have a team more competitive than last season? Answer = No

How much time & money have you committed to the Albion? I would say it's a drop in the ocean compared to what Tony Bloom has put in.
Is he panicking? He wasn't when I saw him last week. He also said he would like us to get in the top six and that supporters would be pleased with the player we get in by the end of the transfer window.

I think that is fairly clear. Let's wait and see.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Why is it that everyone keeps whinging just because we have completely decimated our squad, and yet none of these people ever mention the fact that our new kit looks really, really nice.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why is it that everyone keeps whinging just because we have completely decimated our squad, and yet none of these people ever mention the fact that our new kit looks really, really nice.

Even the insignificant news that generally perks people up, such as a new home kit, have had blemishes, such as the stitch on sponsors logo. Oh well!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I agree; long standing supporters are perhaps able to see the wood for the trees with more clarity than those who have just arrived in their padded seats and 'padded out' expectations. I am glad the club see the sense in financial security and something as (screamingly) simple as balancing the books. Yes the fans are expected to invest more with each season, and I take the point that seemingly this has not been matched in kind by the club this time around. However the investment in the new training facility is perhaps where some of this income is being pointed towards, that would make sense to me. The issue is managing the need for quality (now) in the current XI, and as I stated in the thread opener let's see what the next couple of weeks brings...

As for those who dispense with reasoned debate and simply choose to respond with witty (ahem) asides well I guess you're the epitome of unreachable, incurable morons. 'Special' all the same.

Kosh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here