Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Kent v Sussex Royal London One Day Cup Today 14-00 Canterbury

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Morning Everyone , Sussex 6pts 7th take on top of the table Kent 9pts today , with a win we could go into 2nd spot , if we lose ,the odds are we will not make the quarter finals , in theory all the teams apart from mighty Surrey 2pts :lolol: can still go through in our group but in reality a win today is vital for Sussex , even a washout would do us a favour though with our inferior run rate in comparison to the other teams its best the sun shines all day on another Sussex win :cheers:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sussex won the toss and elected to field

Kent Team
SA Northeast*, DJ Bell-Drummond, BW Harmison, DI Stevens, FK Cowdrey, AJ Blake, SW Billings†, CJ Haggett, JC Tredwell, ME Claydon, DE Bollinger

Sussex Team
LJ Wright, CD Nash, EC Joyce*, Craig Cachopa, MW Machan, BC Brown†, SA Piolet, Yasir Arafat, WAT Beer, LJ Hatchett, CJ Liddle

were loose

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's bizarre that with the loan system as it is that Tredwell is playing for Kent today and tomorrow he'll like be travelling up to Scarborough with the Sussex players.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kent finish on 299 all out but will probably be given a further 6 runs due to a slow Sussex over rate

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hmmm Sussex have now been set 284 to win from 45 overs which seems harsh on sussex in the extreme , if my maths is correct Ducky Lewis reckons we would of only scored 16 runs off the last 5 overs .

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Hmmm Sussex have now been set 284 to win from 45 overs which seems harsh on sussex in the extreme , if my maths is correct Ducky Lewis reckons we would of only scored 16 runs off the last 5 overs .

Just don't understand this Duckworth Lewis thing. Bit like when we got stuffed by 20 runs the other night by Middlesex and yet they only scored 80 off 20 overs!! I know the key for them wasn't losing wickets and our earlier collapse but still seemed very harsh.

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Losing Wright early again could be critical, really need Cachopa to turn his normal 30's into a big score today. He's got to be due one?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here