lewis-dunk-12aug14-ld229-1824514_478x359.jpg

Lewis Dunk
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 14th August 2014
by James Hilsum
As you could see with the celebration I got a bit excited!"
Lewis Dunk

Lewis Dunk admitted he was overwhelmed with excitement after scoring his first senior goal for the club tonight and now he wants to take that confidence into Saturday’s SkyBet Championship clash with Birmingham.
Dunk headed Albion into the lead against Cheltenham and sent them on their way to victory and into the second round of the Capital One Cup.
He said, "As you could see with the celebration I got a bit excited! It’s been four years without a goal so it was good to get my first one.
"I had a celebration in mind but that went out the window and I just did a knee slide. I was running away and I thought, what can I do?
"We needed that first goal to come, we had most of the possession throughout the game but we just couldn't nick that goal. Luckily I got it, then we went onto get another one and there was no need for extra time.
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

It felt good to get our first win and get off to the mark, so hopefully on Saturday we can take this win and get our first points in the league."
The defender started alongside captain Gordon Greer, with Aaron Hughes on the bench, and Dunk is relishing the competition the two experienced defenders will provide along with the opportunity to learn from manager Sami Hyypia.
"It’s always healthy to have competition, it brings the best out of people. Every time you get the opportunity to show the gaffer what you can do, you have to take it and hopefully I showed him what I can do. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens Saturday.[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V bolton
[/h]saturday 23rd AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V charlton
[/h]SATURDAY 23RD AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v blackpool
[/h]SATURDAY 20TH september, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here