Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fancy a beer tonight? (BN10)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
A tenner!? I was considering taking in some Peacehaven games this year, but not at that price. If that's normal for the Isthmian League I am surprised that anyone goes.

a tenner!? I was considering taking in some peacehaven games this year, but not at that price. If that's normal for the isthmian league i am surprised that anyone goes.

County 2 Mile Oak FC only £4,WENT SATURDAY 1 MIN TO GET A CUPPA,SAT IN THE NEW STAND HOME IN 5 MINUTES???
ALSO WON THE GAME 2-1 IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES AFTER GOING 1 DOWN!:rolleyes:

Wexford Gull

Jun 22, 2007
Wexford,Ireland
Coming over this weekend and unfortunately have to go to watch Oakwood v Steyning (Peter Bentley Challenge Cup). Any body know what is Oakwood like,how much to get in etc.

£10 for this level of football is shocking.

If you want to call it 'that level' fine, but entertainment wise it's a tenner well spent, I don't want to fall out with Albion fans here as I have been one since '77 and still have my ST (family stand).

Last season at PTFC we won the league by 18 points, en route we had a 10-0 win a couple of 5 goal margins and a 5-5 draw, I'm not expecting the same this season but optimistic that £ for £ my ST at PTFC (less than a fiver a match) will provide more value than what I pay at the Amex.

The beer's cheaper, colder and is served in a glass (made of a glass) the chips are great at £1.50 (made of potato) the burgers are cheaper too (made of.....dunno?)

Look, it's not for everyone, I not having a pop, me and the boy have a laugh and isn't that one of the main things.

(Hastings away last season was £11, a division lower, they were one of the best supported teams in the div)

Coming over this weekend and unfortunately have to go to watch Oakwood v Steyning (Peter Bentley Challenge Cup). Any body know what is Oakwood like,how much to get in etc.

Oakwood eh? County league, about six or seven quid, give em a shout for me, my nephew was their promising centre forward in 1994 until he was ran over and killed aged 19.

always thinking of you Kev x

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Was £6 to get in at Crowborough last season in county 1. That did include a programme but I always got clobbered to buy half time raffle tickets as soon as I got through the turnstile so it was pretty much a tenner to get in every week. I don't object paying it though as I'm all for supporting local football.

Think it's gone up to £7 at Crowborough this year.

Don't think I can make it down this evening but I will pop down to Peacehaven this year. Was very impressed with you in the Sussex Senior Cup final this year (as I was with Bognor) and would happily pay £10 to watch football like that.

Ten quid is outrageous.

Just had a google up, and just for information sake (and I'm NOT trying to justify, I'm just saying) here are the average prices for 2011/2012 (all I could find, believe it or not)

Step 1 (conf) £14.04
step 2 (conf N&S) £10.43
step 3 (Isthmian/NPL/Southern) ( this is where Peacehaven are now) £8.84
Step 4 ( " 2nd div) £7.41
Step 5 (Sussex county and the like) £5.27

Remember, these are from THREE seasons ago.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Just had a google up, and just for information sake (and I'm NOT trying to justify, I'm just saying) here are the average prices for 2011/2012 (all I could find, believe it or not)

Step 1 (conf) £14.04
step 2 (conf N&S) £10.43
step 3 (Isthmian/NPL/Southern) ( this is where Peacehaven are now) £8.84
Step 4 ( " 2nd div) £7.41
Step 5 (Sussex county and the like) £5.27

Remember, these are from THREE seasons ago.

Don't let them wind you up!! I went several times last season and it was excellent value and I'm going to try and get over tonight.

Don't let them wind you up!! I went several times last season and it was excellent value and I'm going to try and get over tonight.

Aaah, no worries, I'm not exempt, a couple of weeks ago I paid 12 quid for a friendly at maidenhead and last season my 4 year old was charged £4 away at Leatherhead, when you've gone that far, you just cough it up but it doesn't mean I didn't think " kin ell"

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I live within walking distance and did fancy going to a few games but won't be paying £10 for that level of football.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Wealdstone were charging £10 in the Prem 4 Seasons ago .Now for daylight robbery Torquay in The Conf Prem rarely open their away terrace so charge £21 to sit.

Wealdstone were charging £10 in the Prem 4 Seasons ago .Now for daylight robbery Torquay in The Conf Prem rarely open their away terrace so charge £21 to sit.

That's steep, even at 'that level', they could reduce their costs like we have done at Peacehaven, we don't pay a ref anymore as we just get one of the players dads to do it, the supporters now sponsor the goals by providing the jumpers themselves and we sacked the goalkeeper as we found out at 'this level' one of the defenders can save a shot with his hands as long as he shouts out "change!" before the ball hits his hands.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here